The mkiv Supra Owners Club

single project

123tom123tom

am going to be attempting the big single conversion on my car over the next 6 month, am going to do most of the work myself.

is there any major issue's i will come across on my journey:)

things to look out for etc....

and the other ting i was thinking is once you have done all th work, how do you then get the car from your home to a local tuning place to mapped etc....

surely it wouldnt be drove would it?????

What are your goals and what will you be using the car for? Which kit are you going to fit? What is the current spec of your car? Do you have a list of parts you will be fitting?

Some of the key things are; do your research beforehand, use quality parts that are fit for purpose, fit all ancillary parts needed, ie. don't cut corners or try to do the install on a tight budget and lastly choosing a good mapper.

One of the main obstacles with going big single, is your autobox.

what are we classing as a "big" single here, the vogue a few years back was to whack a T88 tractor turbo on that produced power about 200 rpm short of the rev limiter :rlol:, i think most peeps have wised up and realise the T61-67 type Turbos in the 500-600hp range are the way to go for the street being blisteringly fast in all situations, as for the auto box i run a Boostlogic built auto with a 3200 high stall and off the lights the only thing that would make me nervous would be a top fuel dragster pulling up along side :D they are good to about 650 hp so man enough for most peeps