The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just scared myself...

Scott

Thought i would add a "to-do" list to my garage as i didn't have anything in there. I haven't really done much to the sup since i got it but i'm plodding along with little bits and bobs.

Turns out i have almost spent £2k arghhh. Thats not the worst of it though.. i also totted up all the things that i want to do to the car in the near future.... almost 6k!!

Unbelievable, i'm not even a modder/racer/event's type of guy.

Guest supra virgin 1

hi guys just got my 1st supe and have a nice long list without modding ( not really my bag ) I would be interested to know what you have achieved for the 2 k spend :)

Its in my garage buddy. The 2k i have spent is on mods and upgrades, servicing doesn't get added into that list although i'm arranging one soon.

Ok here goes...

Car PC:-

2ghz Processor

2GB Ram

120GB Laptop HDD

Mobile Internet PCMCIA Data Card

DVD-RW

Mini Keyboard with Built in mouse tracker joystick thing

SIRFIII GPS

etc usual computer guff etc etc

2 x 12" sony Xplod subs

1 x 1000W Lanzar 4ch Amp

1 x 2000W Lanzar 4ch Amp

2 x Pairs of Vibe Slick coaxials

1 x Pair Kenwood Tweeters & Crossovers

1 x 1.6 fahrad Powercap

1 x Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen

1 x Sony DVD/CD/Radio player

2 x 7" Sunvisor Screens (one finished, one work in progress)

HKS Boost Gauge

Dash Painted

Car De-Catted (1st cat, custom exhaust is from 1st cat back)

Car raised a little (was too low so bought RS*R springs.. still too low)

Blue Dash LED Conversion

Angel eye Conversion (half way through it)

TRD Spoiler (Not fitted or painted yet, waiting for re-spray)

Think thats about it really

Im at about 7k since the start of May!!

Good thing i have a nice bank manager

You doing the car on loan? I don't think i could bring myself to do that. Would seem like too much of an indulgance on my part leaving the both of us (the wife and i) to pay for it.

Don't think she would be best pleased either lol. I'm getting around £150-£200 on OT per week at the moment. The next couple of hundered will be going on some service items. The previous owner said he serviced it before i got it, and even though the oil looks fine, the coolant looks ancient and i don't know what brands he has used.

Just went fully BPU so i'm swaying toward the safer side of caution. Thankfully the timing belt looks mint lol

My brakes cost me 2k alone, its so easy to spend money on these machines getting them to how we want them :)

I'm positive UK's will be plenty for me. I can't see me tracking it and even if i do it will only be in a spirited fashion, not going at it all guns blazing.

Only reason i would get brakes is they look :cool:

Guest supra virgin 1
Its in my garage buddy. The 2k i have spent is on mods and upgrades, servicing doesn't get added into that list although i'm arranging one soon.

Ok here goes...

Car PC:-

2ghz Processor

2GB Ram

120GB Laptop HDD

Mobile Internet PCMCIA Data Card

DVD-RW

Mini Keyboard with Built in mouse tracker joystick thing

SIRFIII GPS

etc usual computer guff etc etc

2 x 12" sony Xplod subs

1 x 1000W Lanzar 4ch Amp

1 x 2000W Lanzar 4ch Amp

2 x Pairs of Vibe Slick coaxials

1 x Pair Kenwood Tweeters & Crossovers

1 x 1.6 fahrad Powercap

1 x Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen

1 x Sony DVD/CD/Radio player

2 x 7" Sunvisor Screens (one finished, one work in progress)

HKS Boost Gauge

Dash Painted

Car De-Catted (1st cat, custom exhaust is from 1st cat back)

Car raised a little (was too low so bought RS*R springs.. still too low)

Blue Dash LED Conversion

Angel eye Conversion (half way through it)

TRD Spoiler (Not fitted or painted yet, waiting for re-spray)

Think thats about it really

Few, im not at that stage yet. Want to get her all up together as standard and then see how i feel about it really, bought her for a snip £1200 but she has not been looked after overly well. But nothing elbow greese and a real good service cant fix

Few, im not at that stage yet. Want to get her all up together as standard and then see how i feel about it really, bought her for a snip £1200 but she has not been looked after overly well. But nothing elbow greese and a real good service cant fix

Bargain mate, lets hope you can get her to her former glory.

What model did you get? Got any pics etc?

I'm positive UK's will be plenty for me. I can't see me tracking it and even if i do it will only be in a spirited fashion, not going at it all guns blazing.

Only reason i would get brakes is they look :cool:

Thats the only reason i got them, my others were shot away anyway but these mege monster calipers with 360 discs do look the part on the supra :)

That sounds a real snip to me, well done :)

You doing the car on loan? I don't think i could bring myself to do that. Would seem like too much of an indulgance on my part leaving the both of us (the wife and i) to pay for it.

Don't think she would be best pleased either lol. I'm getting around £150-£200 on OT per week at the moment. The next couple of hundered will be going on some service items. The previous owner said he serviced it before i got it, and even though the oil looks fine, the coolant looks ancient and i don't know what brands he has used.

Just went fully BPU so i'm swaying toward the safer side of caution. Thankfully the timing belt looks mint lol

Good thing about not being married!

Got loads happening now, being a bored N/A i decided to indulge myself into the world of a N/A-TT conversion in a fortnight, fully BPU'd, and hopefully with a UK brake setup if Jezz has any :)

Recently got a Do-Luck front, TRD Spoiler, Wheels, Carbon Bonnet, back window spoiler, Facelift taillights, boost gauge etc.

At the end of it i promised my gf thats the last of the spending until next year when i plan another body kit and full respray, as well as interior.

All planned out and she is happy :)

Good thing about not being married!

Got loads happening now, being a bored N/A i decided to indulge myself into the world of a N/A-TT conversion in a fortnight, fully BPU'd, and hopefully with a UK brake setup if Jezz has any :)

Recently got a Do-Luck front, TRD Spoiler, Wheels, Carbon Bonnet, back window spoiler, Facelift taillights, boost gauge etc.

At the end of it i promised my gf thats the last of the spending until next year when i plan another body kit and full respray, as well as interior.

All planned out and she is happy :)

Good stuff, i'm going for the do-luck front also. Everyone seems to be changing to it now lol.

Bet you can't wait to get the TT :eyebrows:

Guest supra virgin 1
Bargain mate, lets hope you can get her to her former glory.

What model did you get? Got any pics etc?

i have nontt 95 j spec in red everything is still nice and tight and she drives well but she is grubby you know, their is silly things to do like replace off side aero pack rear bumper piece which is prooving a nightmare to find. the rear seats are leather but in the front is cloth and a bit manky, so want to get them leathered stuff like that, am going to take my time and get it right

Picture 055.jpg

Picture 056.jpg

Picture 059.jpg

Good stuff, i'm going for the do-luck front also. Everyone seems to be changing to it now lol.

Bet you can't wait to get the TT :eyebrows:

Ye i love the Do Luck front but i think ill change it next year for when i get my respray done :D

Cant wait to get the TT, glad i did it this way rather than buy someone's project car, feel like its all my work even tho im not doing the fitting lol.

Cant wait

Guest supra virgin 1
Looks fine mate, absolute bargain!

apart from sourcing the bit of body kit that is missing as you can see everything is going to be ok what do you recon she would be worth in good nick, silly question i know i was thinking 2500 - 3000 depending on the weather. Any tips on where to get parts etc would also be gratefully recieved :D

You your not a modder yet most of that list is mods? Either way cars aint cheap!

Yeah but what i mean is i don't see myself as a modder. Its hard to explain, i'm not modding for credit or for the sake of modding. I'm doing it for me, coz i want to have the perfect car.. for me only.