The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else get a rattle from the engine??

Clinton

I have a n/a manual and basically when im in a too higher gear for the speed im doing e.g. 30mph in 5th or im travelling along and need to slow down and then accelerate again without dropping down a gear i get a rattle from the engine that just sounds horrible! its usually around 1 - 1 and a half thousand revs and stops when i get past 2 thousand revs!

Just wondered if anybody else gets this or if its quite usual or if theres anything i can do to sort it out? Just i dont always want to drop it down gears or feel as if i have to push it all the time! cheers

sounds like pinking/det but on a real bad scale...

Cheers people! my dad had the car before me and he has enquired about the rattle before actually and he got told it was pinking back then too! whats pinking a cause of and how to resolve? just it could cost a bit taking it to a garage and asking them to find something without me knowing the cause of it!