The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just weighed the Supra

jevansio

I went down the public weighbridge this morning with my mate to get the cars weighed, mine came in at 1480kg (1/4 tank fuel), I'm quite confident I can get it down to a straight 1400kg.

Not sure what the base weight is for a j-spec, the suprahardtop registry says the base for a '94 TT is 1580kg but I guess that's a full fat US spec (as per the UK spec).

Apart from the loss of weight when going single with various parts, just the basics (all rear interior, spare wheel, washer system, no stereo system), next to go is A/C and then a set of CE28Ns.

nice wheels those, what do they weigh?

is that with the air con unit still in place jay? i remeber you saying that it weighed a far bit

yeah that's still with the A/C in, I've been told to remove all the A/C system approx 30kg, CE28N should be 15kg difference from my wheels, I'm just working my way through the list on the suprahardtopregistry :)

Wonder what mine weighs then, I should hopefully have it down to my target 1350,

Those carbon doors did save a fair bit, but not as much as I'd hoped, the lexan glass should make a difference once in tho,

Is that a stock Uk-spec bonnet Jav? That must weigh a fair bit, and what do have interior wise?

My buckets are 6.9kg each, save about 20kg from the stock setup I think, and about 50kg on body panels,its a lot of cash for 50kg though!

Do you still have stock airbags e.t.c too?

Wonder what mine weighs then, I should hopefully have it down to my target 1350,

Those carbon doors did save a fair bit, but not as much as I'd hoped, the lexan glass should make a difference once in tho,

Is that a stock Uk-spec bonnet Jav? That must weigh a fair bit, and what do have interior wise?

My buckets are 6.9kg each, save about 20kg from the stock setup I think, and about 50kg on body panels,its a lot of cash for 50kg though!

Do you still have stock airbags e.t.c too?

I think the weight saving from changing the stock bonnet to a carbon fiber one is minimal. Something like 2kg as the stock one is pretty light anyway

I think the weight saving from changing the stock bonnet to a carbon fiber one is minimal. Something like 2kg as the stock one is pretty light anyway

I held a stock na one before, it was a lot heavier than mine, I have noticed CF ones are heavier than mine too, I'd say a couple of KG between mine and the CF one, a few kg between the CF and stock

My bonnet is really well made for it being fibre glass(Shift Sports), so I'll stick with it for now, even though I prefer the stock j-spec look

De-spoiler, de-wiper etc all these little think add weight

Done;)

If you really want to shed some weight get some carbon fibre doors + bonnet and lose al door cards and parts of dash no longer needed like the glove box etc etc and carpets + get some carbon fibre seats and lose any other trimmings you happen to find + perspex windows if your really going for it ;-) the car will be quite raw and noisey now though but I guess your setting this up for the track aren't you?

most of the weight will be saved if you replace the glass with lexan though

:blink: how much weight do you think is in the door glass and the back quarterlights, it will all be acedemic when you crash the car because you could not see out of the scratched lexan :(

I held a stock na one before, it was a lot heavier than mine, I have noticed CF ones are heavier than mine too, I'd say a couple of KG between mine and the CF one, a few kg between the CF and stock

My bonnet is really well made for it being fibre glass(Shift Sports), so I'll stick with it for now, even though I prefer the stock j-spec look

Done;)

Really? I thought a stock bonnet only weighed in at a pathetic 13kg or something? Prepared to be proven wrong, but all I know is that my Corsa bonnet definitely feels a LOT heavier than my Supra's.

Really? I thought a stock bonnet only weighed in at a pathetic 13kg or something? Prepared to be proven wrong, but all I know is that my Corsa bonnet definitely feels a LOT heavier than my Supra's.

If thats the case then I've lost about 10kg on the bonnet alone, my bonnet is super light, it does flap a little when opened in the wind but with stock securing mount its solid when closed, even at 170plus, I'm sure the weight is on the manual with my paper work, I'll have a look