The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just had my 2nd decat fitted...

SilverSoop

Hi all, i know it's not a double decat, but i had my 2nd decat fitted today by Mark at Phoenix. After a bit of modification to the decat pipe, he managed to get it to fit and it sounds much better, has a little bit more power too!

Im getting my 1st decat fitted soon, just waiting to buy an FCD and mark recommended for me to buy a Lambda sensor as my Supe is running a little bit rich....

Almost at BPU now!!

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

congrats pall,

out of interest what catback system do you have?

was there a noticeable increase in exhaust volume?

and what boost is it running now?:D

lol my second decat is n the post along with a boost cut controller, cant wait:)

EDIT:hi sorry seen you have a jasma system as far as i am aware jasma means it passes road laws in japan? mine is jasma also but made by fujitsubo

Edited by TurboBrett
exhaust (see edit history)

go for a greddy fcd, supposed to be the best for the supra!

go for the greddy fcd, supposed to be the best for the supra!

go for the greddy fcd, supposed to be the best for the supra!:)

I thought the thor one was supposed to be the best? :rolleyes:

got abit giddy there didnt you:D

i thought it was the greddy "boost cut controller", meaning it just raises the boost cut level (from 1bar up to say 1.2bar) ant the thor unit was basicaly the same, dont quote me tho :rolleyes:

just stay away from hks "fcd", as this ratio's the map signal through the entire boost range (the engine thinks its making less boost than it is causing it to run lean= not good;) )

Im gettin double decat/downpipe fitted tomor

did it take ya long to do ?

much increase in noise with the 2 decats in lads ????

No not really mate, took about an hour after some modification to the 2nd decat pipe but she sounds much better now and burbles again instead of the rattling 2nd cat! :D

congrats pall,

out of interest what catback system do you have?

was there a noticeable increase in exhaust volume?

and what boost is it running now?:D

lol my second decat is n the post along with a boost cut controller, cant wait:)

EDIT:hi sorry seen you have a jasma system as far as i am aware jasma means it passes road laws in japan? mine is jasma also but made by fujitsubo

Thanks TurboBrett, i have a Jasma system and when i looked underneath her when i had my Supe being De-catted, the exhaust was called a 'Ro'

Yeh my system made by the same company as your's matey...:D

• 1 month later...

Hi Brett,

I dont suppose you have any videos or soundclips of how your fujitsubo exhaust sounds now it has the 2nd decat in?

I have the same system as you with both cats in and im thinking of adding a 2nd decat soon and Im just curious on what it will sound like :innocent:

Are you hitting fuel cut now with the 1st cat in???

Hi Brett,

I dont suppose you have any videos or soundclips of how your fujitsubo exhaust sounds now it has the 2nd decat in?

I have the same system as you with both cats in and im thinking of adding a 2nd decat soon and Im just curious on what it will sound like :innocent:

Are you hitting fuel cut now with the 1st cat in???

i dont have a video to hand but i might be able to get one tomorrow

basically it is still fairly quiet at idle nice deep bub, bub, bub, bub,, quite a deep raspy rev when you blip the throttle, nice and deep when pulling away quite a loud but not ott growl when accelerating hard and when the second tubbie comes online wow:d

i did do a back to back / before and after sound recording but the quality was that bad i binned them

i generaly dont hit boost cut, ok it doesnt on a hot day i get about 13.5psi and on an average day about 14psi. i have hit boost cut once and it scared the crap out of me it was about 2 weeks after fitting the decat and late on a cold night so i'd say a one off i have a greddy bcc to go on when the 1st decat is ready:D and a rr lol

oh and the supe sound half decent with only the 1st cat and nothing else;) likes to pop and spit tho:D

Popping and spitting with the first cat in and the mid box of the fujitsubo?? Thats really good :)

Did you feel a good gain in power with the 2nd decat and fujitsubo then?

I'd really like to hear what this sounds like..