The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks supra and more :)

L33

Its not the wastegate AFAIK, common missconception. Its the boost going back through the turbo causing it to stall. Usually because the dump valve can't flow enough air out. Some people add 2.

oh so the cool noice is actully damaging the turbo;s?:(

yeah turbo stall....lot of misconseption about it damaging the turbo..personally, i dont think it does anything..

I'm guessing it causes a bit of extra stress by slowing down so quickly. I don't think it will do any damage as such just accelerate the wear of the bearing etc.

Nah the wastegate is for when the car starts to produce more exhaust than required, the exhast gas is then sent through the wastegate into the exhaust rather than through the turbo. If it wasn't re-directed it would cause the turbo to spin too fast.

o rite ok cheers! so is there a rough bhp figure u should odd one of these or?!

Your turbo's already have a wastegate. My mates rover did that too, only because he took out the recirculating dump valve though.

o rite, told u i know little! well i wil get the hks ssqv as its been rated well, just get rid of my blitz one i have on now, as it has a branch off the current intercooler pipe and when i get my new fmic it wont have a home! sounds like a fart n e way! :)

Guest mattsupra

my old gts-t souded similar due to it doing the same thing

spinning the turbo up then cutting it when the air went back in through the system

so its not doing it no harm as such but not good either ;)