The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dump valves?!?!

L33

can any one recommend a good one? ive always liked the sound of the ones that "flutter?" but which one does that?

every one talks bout the hks ssqv but why that one? looking to buy in next week or so

can any one recommend a good one? ive always liked the sound of the ones that "flutter?" but which one does that?

every one talks bout the hks ssqv but why that one? looking to buy in next week or so

No BOV flutters, the fluttering noise is a large single turbo stalling, it is not the BOV.

A BOV is just a valve that opens and releases the pressurised air, they all sound like a whistle or fart depending which BOV.

i bought a hks one and think there a good bov as they work on a pull not push basis meaning boost isnt likely to leak.....

I get some flutter at low revs when i let off the gas and that is on the twins not single, but to be fair turbo stall isnt a good thing

the hks one makes more of a high pitch squeek at higher boost and a whooosh at low boost

i have now been advised the flutter is bad so i wil give up on that! so if the hks ssqv is a good kit i wil order one of them, the fitting looks simple as it just replaces the standard black thing? i can get one for £240 i found some on web sites for a bit more so i guess thats a gd price

i have now been advised the flutter is bad so i wil give up on that! so if the hks ssqv is a good kit i wil order one of them, the fitting looks simple as it just replaces the standard black thing? i can get one for £240 i found some on web sites for a bit more so i guess thats a gd price

You can get them on ebay for £180

i wil look for jps......whats recirculating mean? duh :)

The dump valve can either work as vent to atomosphere or recirculating. Vent to atmos makes the noise and recirculating vents it back into the system pre-turbo.

In recirculating mode the pressure keeps the turbo's spinning giving less lag, VTA means that the turbo's will slow down slightly creating a little lag. I haven't noticed it TBH but physics says it is so.

a think it is the other way round.... a recirculating one recirculates waste back into the turbo which causes them to stall(not good) a bov that vents to atmousphere is better because it stops that happening reduceing the lag etc....

No, recirculating puts the pressure before the turbo letting it spin freely. If it was the other way around manufacturers wouldn't put recirculating dump valves in.

you can get them for £158 if you look around

a think it is the other way round.... a recirculating one recirculates waste back into the turbo which causes them to stall(not good) a bov that vents to atmousphere is better because it stops that happening reduceing the lag etc....

ha ha now im sure toyota wouldn't have wanted that to happen now would they ;)