The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbos - Ideas needed!

cheekymonkey

I've bought these off michael and picking them up next week:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=147199

I still haven't decided what do to with them though. Do I put them on my car, or make an all-out project car?

Ideally I (and my wallet) would prefer just the one Supra which I can use on the road and on the drag strip / track.

Currently my car has 650cc's and a PowerFC and I know I'd need much bigger injectors to make the most out of these new turbos, however, I don't necessarily want a 900bhp monster (yet!)

I'm thinking of getting these on with my 650's and getting them mapped up quite conservatively for the time being.

What sort of power could I get with my current set-up and these turbos?

Only other mod I'd need (AFAIK) would be a FMIC.

James

If it was me they'd be on my car as quick as humanly possible! The supporting mods would be cheaper than another car surely :)

My main decision is if I do want my main car to be a monster... I guess what it all boils down to is will I be able to take these turbos and create a nice "all-rounder" of will it be drag strip only :)

Obviously I've no real world experience but one of the reasons I picked them was their reputation for relatively decent low-end spool compared with other turbos of a similar size, that may mean throwing a fair bit of boost at them but I would imagine they will still be a huge amount of fun even at fairly low boost :)

You just have to promise to take me out for a drive some time.

If it was me id not want to do it half hearted as id not want the expense of more work and mapping later, id go with a set of 800-1000cc injectors and map it to suit with a hi and low boost setting as you are on a stock engine you wont want to be pushing it to hard all the time.

Make sure you do a proper job of fitting them tubbys as you wont want to be taking them off to often.