The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project? UK Brake Fitting.....

SkyJawa

Picked my callipers and disks up today (HOW BIG AND HEAVY :eek: ), then just waiting for some bits from Envy when their Porterfield stock comes in!!

I'm hoping to do the change myself over Xmas, and wondered if I should try and document it, eg, pics and a guide etc???

Would that be useful to people? Can't guarantee I will have chance but if I'm gonna do it I'd do my best to document..........

Anyone who's done it before got any tips or how to's before I start, or has this already been done before?

Cheers

Neil

I thought about doing the same thing when i was changing the trannie fluid.. although i only ended up taking a few piccies...

I think it would be helpful though!. other cars have haynes manuals that give the step by step for the non teccie geniuses... I would certainly be interested in seeing it as i am about to embark on the same project (as soon as i can find some alloys to accomodate the callipers)

Originally posted by John Packham

I photo documented the whole job and even built a web page which I offered to this BBS - no response. It's a common mod and it could/should be in the tech section. Anybody agree? Lobby your moderator!:baa:

I agree. I photoed the whole job as well but never got round to putting it together.

Before doing it again I would make sure that I had a new set of handbrake shoe pins / springs and washers, as these can sometimes get damaged when you try to remove a rear disc that has been on for a long time.

Make sure that you have a decent pair of 8mm bolts (prefefably cap head) to 'pull' the discs, and if you are fitting braided lines, a high quality 10mm brake pipe spanner.