The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Apexi PFC

Guest KDW

I'm aldready running one. Just weighing the pro's and con's of keeping it.

I don't want to go for a PHR stageIV fuel system just to realize my PFC wont support it.

Anyone knows?

I'm aldready running one. Just weighing the pro's and con's of keeping it.

I don't want to go for a PHR stageIV fuel system just to realize my PFC wont support it.

Anyone knows?

Ahh i see. Might be worth given Homer a pm. He'll know for definate...:)

It will run them but it wont be too nice at idle with those size injectors as the control low down with the PFC will be limited.

Why go for 1600cc injectors though chap as they will support like 1400bhp and the T51 turbo you have will never reach that.

A set of 1000cc would surely be a much better option...

Ryan

I might not be on T51 forever

I'm doing a big build now and can't decide if I should give up the PFC or stick with it.

Get rid, no point in doing a build only to run on an ineffiecient map just because your electronics is not up to the job, you should get a decent price on resale as its a pretty decent ecu for small single and bpu+

AEM will do the job nicely(Its plug and play) as long it doesnt break, seems their getting better with their QC lately SF has been quiet,

Motec/Haltech/Autronic/PRO EFI/the list goes on, as long as you have a sufficient efi mapper who's comfortable using any of the above softwares then you should be fine

Get rid, no point in doing a build only to run on an ineffiecient map just because your electronics is not up to the job, you should get a decent price on resale as its a pretty decent ecu for small single and bpu+

AEM will do the job nicely(Its plug and play) as long it doesnt break, seems their getting better with their QC lately SF has been quiet,

Motec/Haltech/Autronic/PRO EFI/the list goes on, as long as you have a sufficient efi mapper who's comfortable using any of the above softwares then you should be fine

What about the Fcon V-pro, you dont like that and why?

What about the Fcon V-pro, you dont like that and why?

Good capable ecu but not worth the money as its not got as many additions and options as true standalones, and you, the end user, dont get access to the software for some strange reason, however if you have regular contact with a HKS approved mapper then it might be an option

A car map is never finished, its always changing, and can be improved upon so I would only consider ecu's that provide or give you access to the software

Just to make sure I wouldn't be needing bigger injectors ever again

Guess I might stick with 1000cc's

It doesnt work like that, if that was the case everyone would be kicking about with 2000CC injectors:d

You need to fuel to your needs, what hp are you aiming for?

Isn't there any way to unlock the Fcon?

As far as price goes, AEM and Motec's are a lot more money than the Fcon right?

The thing is that my power goals constantly changes. It's NEVER enough.

Obviously I won't reach the summit (1000+ hp) since I'm on a HKS T51R KAI, but knowing myself I could easily see me wanting to swap for a bigger setup in the future.

Power costs money, and for those sort of power figures even buying 3 Motec M800's will be insignificant in the grand scale of things. You sound like you are making a common and dreadful mistake, and looking at the price of the ecu. Spend strongly on something good, that can be mapped nationwide, with full software and upgrade support. I assume Motec is well supported over there? if so i would suggest you just buy an M800 and be done with it, especially if you want to try and control unnecessarily large injectors.

Isn't there any way to unlock the Fcon?

As far as price goes, AEM and Motec's are a lot more money than the Fcon right?

The thing is that my power goals constantly changes. It's NEVER enough.

Obviously I won't reach the summit (1000+ hp) since I'm on a HKS T51R KAI, but knowing myself I could easily see me wanting to swap for a bigger setup in the future.

Its not a matter of unlocking it, those crazy japs just wont supply the software to write to it unless you become a HKS approved dealer, a HKS F-conVPro will set you back around £1000, the AEM is about £1100, the motec about £3K including wiring loom and various options,

Power goals can constantly change, but as CW has said, the M800 will support anything you can throw at it, it will also have good resale value if you decide to sell your car off in pieces one day, it will work in just about any EFI car with an appropriate wiring loom

But so will a few of the higher end ECU's - I'd only look at these i f you need to control 1600CC injectors b.t.w

An AEM will be fine up to the 1000CC mark

I assume you have loads of cash and you want a drag car then?

Yesterday, 05:17 PM #4

Hokiesup

I make turbos.

My EMS had a chip come loose that ended up sticking the injectors open, flooding my engine, and cracking a piston. They said it was a "known issue".

I have sent it back and they are fixing it for free but i'm on my own for engine damage. I have not decided if I am going to continue to use it.

665 rwhp at 27 psi on stock head.

Full BL gear: 67 Kit, Fuel System, Exhaust

Stock ignition + DLI, on AEM EMS.

I spoke too soon, OK maybe not aem then:innocent:

Forget about the 1600cc's I will stick with 1000's.

And NO I most definately do NOT have loads of cash.

It's not going to be a drag car. Actually just a fun toy for the shiny days :)

Of course I take it to the strip now and again. Actually most weekends probably.

BUT, it's definately a street driven car. Not everyday car, but somewhat streetable.

I dont think Motecs are widely supported over here at all. Might be a few guys doing them But don't know who (as of yet).

I don't see the problem with Fcon v pro for a 1000 bhp car? As long as the pro dealer knows what he is doing.

Actually the pro dealer around here is also the guy I would turn to if I buy any other system.