The mkiv Supra Owners Club

aerotop (roof section) pic request

alaing

Hi anybody who has looked at the new members section will see i have just got a tt aerotop supra MINUS a roof.

Does any1 have some pic of just there roof section so i can see what exactly a complete one looks like please? Also an explaination of how the roof comes off and what tools are needed thanks :)

From memory....The removable panel has a pin on each corner of the rear edge which locate in sockets in the car roof gutter. You lift the panel onto the gutter, locating the rear edge first, (careful, the panel is slippery when highly polished or wet) then lowering the front edge down into place. The panel has five captive fixing nuts, two on the rear edge, three on the front edge...the four corner fixings fasten up like bolts, the middle front one is described as the lock...you either use half a turn to lock or unlock. The manual advises you to fasten the four corner fixings in rotation order starting with the right hand side rear fixing, onto the left hand rear and so on, then doing up the front central lock...removal is the reverse. All five fixings use a hexagonal tool...if you cant get hold of the original ratchet tool, you can use an allen key of the right size...again, careful with this as the hex head sockets on the fixing bolts are easy to round off. A good point to watch out for if you buy a second hand roof panel, make sure the hex head sockets are not rounded off. Another tip is to check all the gutter drains and waterways on the car itself for blockages, leaks, rips etc.

Edited by Ewen (see edit history)

they did the fast and the furious thing didnt they:rolleyes::D

ill get my coat...:)

well they didnt put the roof on properlly and it came off on the m11?! ive contacted the highways agency to ask them if they found anything( prob not looking to good anyway?!). All this and i didnt get to see it!? :( (im sure it looked good lol)

WoW thanks guys for the fast response! EWEN thanks for the detail description.

Carbon ones aint a bad price but need the stuff that goes inside it all to seals etc.

Edited by alaing
Spelling (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
Guest mark4supra

hi all as we are on the subject of the aerotops i have a 95 at / na

and she has started to leek , i put it away very carefuley but still leeks any ides lads kind regards mark

hi all as we are on the subject of the aerotops i have a 95 at / na

and she has started to leek , i put it away very carefuley but still leeks any ides lads kind regards mark

Vaseline on the seals may help in the short term, but to cure fully you will need to fit new seals. I can supply these if needed.

Guest mark4supra

hi nic thanks for that i have got to find out if its the door or the roof leaking its where

the window meets the front of the roof in the corner

hi nic thanks for that i have got to find out if its the door or the roof leaking its where

the window meets the front of the roof in the corner

Yay, sounds like I'm not the only person who has this, mine leaks both sides from the front, tis a right royal p.i.t.a. - Nic, how much for a complete set of new seals?