The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally BPU +++++++

Scott

Ok not quite all those plusses but they are meaningless to me anyway. Just got my car fully de-catted today. Found out something pretty cool about my car too, turns out the exhaust is a custom made one that went up to the 1st cat pipe so i didn't even need the 2nd cat.

All i really want to do to the car performance wise now is fit a stand alone ecu and get a half decent induction kit :)

I know, i know, standalone is overkill but i want to have complete control over the fuelling and possibly even go TTC. Means the car is future proof too and if i do ever sell the car its a bonus for any new owner with big plans.

Big difference isn't it? :D

Enjoy it mate.

Unfortunately i didn't get a chance to open the taps right up. I'm still only getting 1 bar in 2nd gear, does it not let go fully till 3rd?

I noticed this happening with the MR2 to hold the torque back a little in the lower gears.

It isn't overkill imo, too many people are in the 'let god sort it out' camp.

See thats the way i'm thinking. A lot of the time i read on here its not a neccessity. I know that it isn't really but ideally, money no object, i don't think anyone would say no to one.

I would say the induction kit is overkill, I personally would keep the stock box.

Unless you intead to build a box around the induction kit? As you will go from cold air from the stock ducts to hot (ish) from the engine into the induction kit, I know I would rather have cold air. ;)

I would say the induction kit is overkill, I personally would keep the stock box.

Unless you intead to build a box around the induction kit? As you will go from cold air from the stock ducts to hot (ish) from the engine into the induction kit, I know I would rather have cold air. ;)

Yeah the plan is an enclosed induction kit, at the very least one with a heat shield. I don't have the stock one at the moment hence my plan. I have one of those sh1tty HKS ones.

Bloody hate the HKS "filters"

Is that right with 1st and 2nd James? 0.9 in 1st, 1 bar in 2nd and then all out in 3rd?

Ok not quite all those plusses but they are meaningless to me anyway. Just got my car fully de-catted today. Found out something pretty cool about my car too, turns out the exhaust is a custom made one that went up to the 1st cat pipe so i didn't even need the 2nd cat.

All i really want to do to the car performance wise now is fit a stand alone ecu and get a half decent induction kit :)

I know, i know, standalone is overkill but i want to have complete control over the fuelling and possibly even go TTC. Means the car is future proof too and if i do ever sell the car its a bonus for any new owner with big plans.

Well done scotster! I'll be next lol! :D

A fair bit cheaper than that from here :)

how much from you nic? by any chance can you get a good price on the new greddy FMIC there £400 odd here so was thinking you might be able to get a nice price on them?

Let me know how much becuase its on the list for bpu I have every thing else bar by decat bolts and RR :D

Lew.

Is that right with 1st and 2nd James? 0.9 in 1st, 1 bar in 2nd and then all out in 3rd?

.9 i 1st and 1 bar in 2nd sounds about right. maybe a tad over 1 bar in second if you're lucky. 3rd should pull to 1.2 depending on restriction in your pipes. 4th and 5th will be where you max out the turbos and where you may go above the reccomended 1.2 bar if it is possible. Remember though that there can be up to .2 bar difference dedpending on temperature (in normal conditions)

.9 i 1st and 1 bar in 2nd sounds about right. maybe a tad over 1 bar in second if you're lucky. 3rd should pull to 1.2 depending on restriction in your pipes. 4th and 5th will be where you max out the turbos and where you may go above the reccomended 1.2 bar if it is possible. Remember though that there can be up to .2 bar difference dedpending on temperature (in normal conditions)

Thanks for the info, thats what i thought i just didn't get enough road to open up 3rd gear properly lol.

Cheers for the comments and info everyone. I'm having a look at that ARC box now.

I personally dont like the look of these at all :scare: and cant see any advantage of them, like I said earlier, is it not just an expensive way of removing the front of the air box? Even then, the folded design of the standard filter would give a greater surface area than a flat filter, I just cant see the benefit's at all :search: It's even open to the hot engine bay temps. However, I would imagine it will appeal to many other people and as long as your happy with it, it's non of my business :)