The mkiv Supra Owners Club

been backed in to :(

TurboBrett

yeah got his details and just got off the phone from the insurance company, it just a pain in the arse tbh:(

will i be able to pick where it gets fixed, dont want any-old bodyshop to fix it want it done right:)

Well it'll be the other parties insurance that is paying, so I would say yes, you get to choose your preferred repairer. You may have to do some legwork and get at least three quotes to compare. Some guys here have selected a preferred repairer in the past with no issues IIRC.

:(another damaged supe :rolleyes:

the bloody wheel wont stay pumped up either:( doubt i will be able to get another i love these wheels

The wheels look alright, or have they been bent? Nasty either way, really sorry. My supra has had similar damage in the past judging by a slightly crumpled rear off side quarter :(

good luck in getting it fixed, hope its only superficial and the rear suspension set up is ok.

linda

x

Damn, looked well too!

[subltle hint] Well at least you can get the lights cleaned up with it being off the road[/subtle hint]

:D:p

the lights was reconned less then 4 months ago, however the chrome inner has started to peel...so maybe:)

just had a phone call from a third party insurance thats licked to my car insurance some how? and the guy was like are you sure you dont have any injurys most people thet get bumped nowadays have various types of injurys, i said no (i was doing less than 10mph lol), he said ok ill call you back in 7 days just to make sure none have creapt up on you:rolleyes: what is this world comming to lol even the insurance companys are trying to get you to clame for something that aint there:blink:

the lights was reconned less then 4 months ago, however the chrome inner has started to peel...so maybe:)

just had a phone call from a third party insurance thats licked to my car insurance some how? and the guy was like are you sure you dont have any injurys most people thet get bumped nowadays have various types of injurys, i said no (i was doing less than 10mph lol), he said ok ill call you back in 7 days just to make sure none have creapt up on you:rolleyes: what is this world comming to lol even the insurance companys are trying to get you to clame for something that aint there:blink:

they may be trying to make you claim for injury so that they can investigate it, find out you have no injury, and then not pay for anything.

The wheels look alright, or have they been bent? Nasty either way, really sorry.

good luck in getting it fixed, hope its only superficial and the rear suspension set up is ok.

linda

x

i dunno about the wheel it took most of the hit, but they are split rims so maybe the seal has cracked, it was 11 psi down when i got home about an hour later, i only washed, pollished and did a full weekly check of the car yesterday :rolleyes:

the suspension seems ok altho i will have it checked to be sure

just been and got jap mag so im off to sulk/drowl over lui's car:d

they may be trying to make you claim for injury so that they can investigate it, find out you have no injury, and then not pay for anything.

:rolleyes:

the insurance company have been in touch today and by the sounds of it they want to collect my car leaving a courtesy car and bring the supe back when its fixed, they would not go into details of how and where it will be fixed, i dont know if i like the sound of it:(, there calling back in the morning to go into details(i was at work), im not fussed where its fixed as long as its done right its just i have had bad experiences with leaving cars at the garage and dread to think what they could getup to with my supe:( especialy if i dont even know where or who its at:search:

mate if you're not happy with it going, dont let it go. tell them you want to take it to your own garage. if they get arsey get your insurance company involved. they will fight your corner for you. trust me, i've heard some horror stories on here regarding third party insurance comapnies and the people they use. either way its a good idea to get your comapny involved as it doesnt affect you or cost you any extra ;)

• 2 weeks later...

destroying when someone hits your car. had the "pleasure" of owning a hyundai coupe v6, was hit by a guy (my neighbour) and then his son a week afterwards. followed by another neighbour a few months later bashing in my quater panel on my old sup. sympathy:(

on the topic of crashing and insurance. when dealing with the claim on my old hyundai, i was informed by my insurance company (elephant), that i should decline all offers and not correspond at all with the third parties insurers (tesco). after using my better judgement, i spoke with tesco. they offered to completely handle my claim, coutesy car etc...etc. my insurers told me to stay well away and let them deal with it; sent car in for repair, signed paperwork....done and dusted. after realising the hyundai was shite; i flogged it and bought a supra. called up to get quote for it and....it showed up on my insurance history that i had made two claims within the last year. elephant made 2 claims in my name, then reclaimed to money from tesco (if that makes sense), leaving me with all of my ncb in tact but with history of two claims amounting to £1600. the result...about an extra £300 on my premium