The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bearing size conrod

flyby

Hey

I new conrod bearings on my old engine.

I look on the size of every conrod for the bearing size.

On one side it say 2 1 on every one and on the other side it say 2**

** = kb, vb, wb, gb, gb, pb Like 2KB and so on.

Is it then size 2 ?

DSC01335.JPG

DSC01337.JPG

DSC01338.JPG

DSC01339.JPG

DSC01340.JPG

DSC01341.JPG

DSC01343.JPG

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01346.JPG

Hey

Is it then size 2 ?

This is per my toyota manual

First - if you have not yet undone them then there will be a mark on the old bearings themselves (1-5), so you could note this as you go.

if they are off the engine you need to add this '2' to the figure stamped into the crank for each one. So you will need size '2' bearings only where the crank is stamped '0', size '3' if the crank has a '1' stamp and size '4' if the crank has a '2' stamp.

Basically try and find these 6 stamps on the crank and add 2 to each one to give you the bearing sizes you need.

Disclaimer! - this is me reading the manual, if you haven't dismantled the conrods yet then i'd be interested to see if the number stamped in the bearing you remove does indeed equal the some of the crank and rod numbers.

This is per my toyota manual

First - if you have not yet undone them then there will be a mark on the old bearings themselves (1-5), so you could note this as you go.

Yes this goes for the Main bearings, Thay are all marked "3" and "4"

But the conrod is only marked outside the the conrod. Inside thay is not marked. The have a part no, that toyota cant use for anything.(thay say)

if they are off the engine you need to add this '2' to the figure stamped into the crank for each one. So you will need size '2' bearings only where the crank is stamped '0', size '3' if the crank has a '1' stamp and size '4' if the crank has a '2' stamp.

Basically try and find these 6 stamps on the crank and add 2 to each one to give you the bearing sizes you need.

Disclaimer! - this is me reading the manual, if you haven't dismantled the conrods yet then i'd be interested to see if the number stamped in the bearing you remove does indeed equal the some of the crank and rod numbers.

It is not eazy to understand the manual on this matte.