The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A 6 Speed to TT, or TT auto to 6 speed?

meph137

Hey all, thought I'd get opinions on this: I'm looking for a supe and have 6k max to spend, as most people would, I'd love to get a 6 speed TT, but I think thats just not gonna happen with the cash I have, the way I see it I could either get an N/A 6 speed, or get a TT auto at the moment, possibly to upgrade it later. I do say possibly, as though I'd love to, my plans often dwindle to nothing :p

So the question is, what are peoples opinions on which upgrade to do? Both seem pretty expensive.

My guy feeling says get the TT auto now, maybe make it 6 speed later on. I want a good bit of speed :)

hi mate, if you buy a auto with plans to convert it to a manual it's gonna be costly, around 2500-3000 just for the box then you need all the other stuff like the ecu. IMO id stretch you budget and get a manual tt it,ll be cheaper in the long run. hope that helps

£4k for a manual TT? That sounds very very cheap..

I edited, it was actually £3.5k although it did have 155k on the clock and a suspected matrix issue (which turned out not to be the case). If you want a nicely cared for one, with some tasteful mods and well documented history, then you have to pay for it in a big way...

I'd be worried they were a bit toss, because I'd ask myself - why 6k? If someone could get more they would unless they were in a mega rush..surely?

For example, on autotrader I saw a nice gunmetal grey TT auto for 5k, I wondered why it was that price, no mileage on it though so I imagine it was high..

Also, as for mods, I'm more into stock myself, I do love veilside skirts buts thats all I'm really fussed about, I'd prefer to do the major tweaking myself tbh

Not true... I guess you've not seen the thread from Dean? £3.5k I think it was.

Yep 3.5K for a TT6, it was a car that needed a full cam belt service and a matrix flush, but it turned out to be a very good car, I spent a grand on it at AFR getting the service and a few tastful mods (Cat back exhaust, FCD, Blitz BOV) and put up for sale, sold in a week for a nice bit of profit

There are bargins about if you wait and look hard enough, FORGET e-bay IMO, look at auto trader and piston heads and barter hard

I brought a very nice NA Auto a few weeks ago, just went through the MOT today with no issues and has very nice TSW 18" alloys, full stainless exhaust, apexi induction, nice CD player, all for £1900, it will be my ride to Japfest this week, its a good time to buy :)

Yep 3.5K for a TT6, it was a car that needed a full cam belt service and a matrix flush, but it turned out to be a very good car, I spent a grand on it at AFR getting the service and a few tastful mods (Cat back exhaust, FCD, Blitz BOV) and put up for sale, sold in a week for a nice bit of profit

There are bargins about if you wait and look hard enough, FORGET e-bay IMO, look at auto trader and piston heads and barter hard

I brought a very nice NA Auto a few weeks ago, just went through the MOT today with no issues and has very nice TSW 18" alloys, full stainless exhaust, apexi induction, nice CD player, all for £1900, it will be my ride to Japfest this week, its a good time to buy :)

Yeh exactly matey, with the summer months coming in and all...:) ;)