The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn NA!

GoliathJay

Whats wrong with my car! Couldn't catch a 1997 1.6 Civic. :( Eventualy pulled over and had a chat with the guy... stardard - bar an exhaust and intake.

Now I know im a NA, but still even the fastest 1.6 should be 7.7 0-60.

Would a loose diff make that much difference?!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I blitzed a MkIV Celica coming off a roundabout near the Trafford Centre tonight. It was well kitted up with fooking big vent in the middle of the bonnet. It kept up with me up to about 60 ish but faded away between 60 and 100........;)

Obviously this Km/hr.....:)

H.

You shouldnt have lost IMO

Someone will come along and tell me that yes indeed a 1.4 diesel will beat my n/a claiming weight and such. I will stay in my bubble thank you very much

be fair power to weight do play a part and remember our cars can be 14 years old and no doubt are not 220bhp that they once where.

your ware doesn't help!! just be happy that a N/a supra still looks a F**K load better than a civic

be fair power to weight do play a part and remember our cars can be 14 years old and no doubt are not 220bhp that they once where.

your ware doesn't help!! just be happy that a N/a supra still looks a F**K load better than a civic

Have you had yours on the rollers? Mine was on in March and got 226 BHP. Yet to see an NA that has got less than 220.

Have you had yours on the rollers? Mine was on in March and got 226 BHP. Yet to see an NA that has got less than 220.

no not dyno'd mine don't want to

A: know that it is below 220bhp

B: blow mine up like hoff :(

to be fair we all know a 14 year old un-modded car isn't gonna be the same BHP its a fact of life

(damn i'm actully sounding like a realist)

I had one of those £30 delimiter chips fitted months back, think that coulda screwed with the A/F ratios?

shouldn't have, the delimter lets you go over 120mph, not that you would want to on a 70mph road;)

FFS When are you people going to learn if you've got an na don't race ANYTHING! Just be happy looking good or get a TT.:rolleyes:

humm now i won't say that considering i've betten scoobys in mine

Guest dangerousandy
FFS When are you people going to learn if you've got an na don't race ANYTHING! Just be happy looking good or get a TT.:rolleyes:

A 3.0 manual car should be able to beat a 1.6 FFS!!!! I managed to leave a Porsche Boxster standing in a 3.0 Camry estate so no excuses!!