The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Painted my calipers today

steb9780

Took a few piccies as I painted my calipers today. I got the decals off EBay last Xmas (yes I have been meaning to do this for a while), then I could only get hold of Engine VHT paint in black so I hope it will be alright. I had some brake cleaner left over from my last car. My back is like a beetroot after spending hours sat doing them. :D

Before I started

Front one painted

Front one with decal fitted

Front with wheel re-fitted

Rear painted with decal

Rear with wheel re-fitted

Looks lush!!:)

Have you got a link to the place that do the decals? I'm after some black ones.....;)

H.

I don't to hand mate, but I am sure the seller was called uber nine or uber 9 or something.

I think alot of people have had them from them.

looking good there matey

do the stickers stay on well and last long or not?

very nice endeedy

they stay on fine, however you just have to be careful when taking the wheels on and off other wise they will get damaged. i also put lacquer on after mine.

looking good there matey

very nice endeedy

Well they've made it through 5 hours so far :D

I am going to have a look at some lacquer we get at work tomorrow in pens. They put it on Eurofighters to cover the part marking, if it will withstand heat then I might stick some on to see if it will improve the longevity of the decals.

looking good there matey

very nice endeedy

I have the same decals from the same seller and mine are great (altho only been on a week :D)

But from previous threads about the decals there have been members saying they've had them on for 2yrs+ with no problems at all.