The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cut off date for cats?

L33

On an import you can get away with up to 95 I believe, although for UK cars its 92/93 very grey area as I've seen all sorts of stuff which contradicts the rules in the past.

this is what i was told today by a mot garage, but they are goin to let me no tomo. reason they looked, was my lambda sensor in the cat fell out, so we welded the hole up as that isnt needed either. my cats are a bit rusted and battered thats y i want them out and then put the sensor back in

Your right I did edit, but it's not rubbish.

I think you will find it is, If an MOT testing centre can find an exact match using VIN number then they require a emissions test. If they cannot find it on thier data base and car was used after date below default settings are to be used.

The date this start was 01/08/1992

Hopefully this link with work, it is a link to the VOSA website.

VOSA

I think you will find it is, If an MOT testing centre can find an exact match using VIN number then they require a emissions test. If they cannot find it on thier data base and car was used after date below default settings are to be used.

The date this start was 01/08/1992

Hopefully this link with work, it is a link to the VOSA website.

VOSA

What you have failed to note is that if the car is registered before August 95 and it doesn’t appear on the system you can carry out a non cat test.

What you have failed to note is that if the car is registered before August 95 and it doesn’t appear on the system you can carry out a non cat test.

Re read my post, the part where it says default settings, never mentioned 1995 in my post though but I thought that would have been obvious.. :rolleyes:

Do try harder please. :p

Re read my post, the part where it says default settings, never mentioned 1995 in my post though but I thought that would have been obvious.. :rolleyes:

Do try harder please. :p

So what was your point then, because as far as I can see I was right and you well where just being pedantic! :p

So what was your point then, because as far as I can see I was right and you well where just being pedantic! :p

No just going on personal expierience as I have had a 1993 J-Spec TT and I put it through 2 MOT tests, one in South Yorkshire and one back home in Edinburgh and both testing centres found my car easily on the database using the VIN.

thanks for all the replys guys! i wil find out for def tomo, but if the mot place suggested it i should be safe plus i think they wil help me out when it comes to it ;) if not i wil keep the cats just incase!

i was looking on whifbitz and the 1st and second decat pipe comes to 200 plus the restrictor ring is 5 quid. these good ones to go 4? how much bhp does that add roughly?

i was looking on whifbitz and the 1st and second decat pipe comes to 200 plus the restrictor ring is 5 quid. these good ones to go 4? how much bhp does that add roughly?

You have to have the rest of the supporting mods too, it is not as simple as just replacing the cats and adding a restrictor ring, you also require the following: -

FCD (Thor or Greddy, stay clear of HKS)

Colder spark plugs i.e. IK24s

Uprated fuel pump

Boost guage

Also optional upgrades are a new smic or a fmic, boost controller if going for a 1bar RR.

i think i wil just go 4 it any way! my car is set for fitting the fmic on the 27th, so wil get the decat pipes after that i expect as i can fit them. or i might have to buy a dump valve as the intercooler pipe wil result in the old blitz one being removed! i want to find a sequential :) spending some money this month!