The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bargain fire extinguisher / paint strip - help

BIG BLUE

Picked up a Lifeline 2000 AFFF electrically triggered fire extinguisher for £28 the other day!

Before I fit it, I was going to take the red paint off and get it resprayed as I am basically a sad tart for colours, etc ;)

I think they might be alloy underneath? so was thinking about soaking it in a paint remover? to leave it as bare metal or maybe paint over existing colour (I can source a new decal set for it). Any help appreciated, cheers.

lifeline.JPG

lifeline3.JPG

Should just come off with paint stripper, but if you are getting somebody to spray it then i would just leave it for them to do, is it full ?

Pop a magnet on it

Cheers mate

I will try the magnet tip when I get home. If it is ally and I use paint stipper, should a little metal polish be enough to at least make it look fairly reasonable?

I think it just needs wiring up now. They are meant to be serviced every two years, so I am going to pay the £45 to get that done as I don't want to skimp on a safety product.

Should just come off with paint stripper, but if you are getting somebody to spray it then i would just leave it for them to do, is it full ?

Pop a magnet on it

would prefer to leave it bare, would only get it sprayed if it isn't blingable!

would prefer to leave it bare, would only get it sprayed if it isn't blingable!

If it is like the one i polished before chances are it will be quite rough once the clear coat / paint is off, you could probably autosol it and bring a bit of shine out of it but it may still have pit marks in it.

Im afraid it is a case of suck it and see so to speak.

If it is like the one i polished before chances are it will be quite rough once the clear coat / paint is off, you could probably autosol it and bring a bit of shine out of it but it may still have pit marks in it.

Im afraid it is a case of suck it and see so to speak.

Cheers Colin, like you say, I will try and see how it goes

Spent a few hours getting covered in paint stripper and red paint, but I think the fire ext came out well. Just got to wire it in now and get it serviced.

Also just looked in the Demon Tweeks Motorsport catalogue and a new Zero2000 International Elec Fire Ext is £426! result!

Picture 1208.jpg

Picture 1209.jpg

Nice one Neil

Gotta say mate am loving your car looks better and better everytime i see it, what else you got planned?

Cheers mate - likewise - your car always looks good.

I am going to finish the interior (some more, new defi gauges and and the like), then I will consider some more serious mechanical upgrades!

What events are you going to get to this year?