The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Bunny - Looking to buy supra 3.0 nonturbo 93 - 99reg

Guest Bunny

Guest Bunny

Greetings club Supra ;)

My name is Rachel (otherwise known as bunny) and I'm seriously in the market for a lovely looking / condition non turbo supra (93 - 99), I have already visited a few cars from auto trader, but my expert jap car enthusiast / mechanic who was with me advised me against the ones I've seen so far - as their bodywork has been rather lacking for the price (about £3000 - £3500 is my budget).

I have learnt from joining the Suzuki owners club when I bought my GSXR, that the best deals and advice you could possibly wish for are from a club.

So does anyone have any advice of where to look or know any sellers who could help me?

I'd prefer manual, but will settle with auto and I have narrowed down colours to either silver or black (am a bit of a picky bunny)

I am also considering going to Jap fest this saturday to hunt for sellers - so I would welcome peoples advice as I am a Supra virgin and I don't want to make a mistake on my first ;)

Thanks for reading and don't be a stranger! xx

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mattsupra

ive just paid £5500 for my n/a auto but she is mint and just had a full repaint inc 19"s and other various bits n bobs so i would keep saving and get a decent one or you will be chasing to keep it on the road

welcome to the nut house

Greetings club Supra ;)

My name is Rachel (otherwise known as bunny) and I'm seriously in the market for a lovely looking / condition non turbo supra (93 - 99), I have already visited a few cars from auto trader, but my expert jap car enthusiast / mechanic who was with me advised me against the ones I've seen so far - as their bodywork has been rather lacking for the price (about £3000 - £3500 is my budget).

I have learnt from joining the Suzuki owners club when I bought my GSXR, that the best deals and advice you could possibly wish for are from a club.

So does anyone have any advice of where to look or know any sellers who could help me?

I'd prefer manual, but will settle with auto and I have narrowed down colours to either silver or black (am a bit of a picky bunny)

I am also considering going to Jap fest this saturday to hunt for sellers - so I would welcome peoples advice as I am a Supra virgin and I don't want to make a mistake on my first ;)

Thanks for reading and don't be a stranger! xx

Welcome Rachel...:wave: :D

Honestly though 2 years ago, i paid £6500 for my n/a and that had 48k on the clock.

In December last year, i recently bought my TT for £12000 with 82k on the clock.

You may be hardpushed to find a decent model on that budget...

Is mileage an issue??

Guest Bunny

Of course I still have the bike :) As for pictures (assuming I've got the attachment thingy working properly - this is my boy - more carbon fibre than anything else ;) my boy.jpgAnd this is me after working as a 'bike girl' at the NEC bike show a few years back.

me after bike show.jpg

There have been a fair few non turbo supras on autotrader for around the £3k mark, they have been mechanically sound (after thorough checks) and I just missed out on one that was fairly new and hardly driven with only 30k miles - so they do seem to be around occasionally. But I can see the temptation of holding on a little longer and spending a few thousand more and investing in something really special. It's the dream car I've always wanted and I'm just concerned about someone trying to sell me a dead donkey :(

Really appreciate the welcome from everyone - may well have to invest in the paid version of membership here, as I thought I'd pop on here for a nose around to see what it was like first. xxxx

welcome bunny, Im new here too!! :D

I recently bought a 1998 non-turbo auto for £5400 which is in Mint Condition and no mods :). So, if it was me then i would save more money and go for the good one.

You can also look on ebay and autortrader.co.uk, pistonheads.co.uk, if ya lucky u'll get very good deal on ebay.

Good luck!!

Cheers, Arvind

P.S you said ur picky bunny but trust me GunMetal colour is also very good, the GunMetal colour came second in the voting on here.

DSC00783.JPG

:welcome:

Hmm after an NA eh so the bike will be your speed fix then :D

Good luck with the search but I'd recommend continually circling the classified section on here, and be ready to pounce on a bargain although the return of good weather may delay this possibilty :)

Guest Bunny

To further the advice then, what would people advise as the ideal budget price - if you were looking for basically a well cared for and very good cosmetic condition , non turbo supra (my gixxer is more than enough for my speed demon urges!) with less than 100k on the clock and a few of the nice supra extras (non performance) to add a cherry on the cake? Would an average of £5k - £6k be more realistic?

I'm not looking for brand new / super car / silly mods kind of thing. Just one that looks great /tidy, that I can apply some nice cosmetic mods to, but doesn't have a twin turbo titan brewing under the hood.

I managed to find this place on facebook too :) I'm feeling at home here already! Cheers for all the response peeps - really appreciate the advise :) xxx

Guest Bunny

Another thing.. I'm worried I'm either going to sound like a muppet or am missing an inside joke, but does someone care to explain 'hovis' to me ;) Or is it better not to know...

Another thing.. I'm worried I'm either going to sound like a muppet or am missing an inside joke, but does someone care to explain 'hovis' to me ;) Or is it better not to know...

When a new member joins that is potentially a women, there is a some sad individuals that ask for a picture, the Hovis side of things is to prove the picture is for real, as the chances of googling a picture with a pretty lady (that looks real and not from a photshoot or photoshopped) and a loaf of bread is slim.