The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Engine Oil?

Axle

Been using Royal Purple for the last 8 years or so in everything i drive, I can't fault the stuff and now it's cheaper than Mobil 1 it's even better.

It really does live up to it's pr hype - fuel economy is better (by about an extra 35 miles per tank). When I ran it in my Supermotard with a horribly clunky gearbox, it smoothed the gear changes out completely, again gave me better mpg, and lasted ages.

It does seem to go unnoticed over here for some reason

right i'm going to break the mould, shock horror Halfords synthetic 5w/40, tested for the last 8 years in my car 3 years @ 1.2 bar BPU, the last 2 years @1.4 bar single turbo, changed at around every 3-4k miles, i cant see the point in paying an inflated price from a small volume manufacturer with a fancy name

Yeah. I get it from Milennium Motorsport in Cornwall. They were the original importers of the stuff. I can get you the contact details if you want

Yes please. Theres a place in Thirsk (near me) that stock Royal Purple but not 10W-40 :(

right i'm going to break the mould, shock horror Halfords synthetic 5w/40, tested for the last 8 years in my car 3 years @ 1.2 bar BPU, the last 2 years @1.4 bar single turbo, changed at around every 3-4k miles, i cant see the point in paying an inflated price from a small volume manufacturer with a fancy name

Heretic!!! Burn him for bursting the marketing bubble!:D

• 1 year later...

all the above oils are fine along with 5k service. i personally use shell ulra racing 10w 60 its hard to get and the only oil approved by ferrari. the shell ultra 5w/40 fully syn flows a little better at both low and high temp.not sure if its a little to light though. the silkolene pro s 10w 50 flows in between both the oils. prob the best oil all round ie casual driving and hard occasional track day.castrol 10w 60 good oil its the heaviest of the mentioned one but recommended by mdivision of bmw