The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Halfords DIY air con kit

paul mac

what a total waste of money, put the whole can in and the air con still wasn't working right so took it to Quick-Fit where they hooked it up to the HP and LP (unlike the can where you just blast it into the LP), it took the machine about 45 minutes to drain all the refridgerant down then re-charge, Halfords can £39.95, Quick-fit £44.95, when the Quick-Fit guy ran the diagnostic he said it was still short of gas and had way to much lubricant in, he laughed when i told him about the can, the air con gas is supposed to go in on a measure of weight which obviously you can not do with the can, not saying the can is totally useless as if you just need a small top up it would work but how do you know ? and for £5 more you get the real deal, for once i actually recomend Kwick-Fit

Make sure you're using it on the low pressure pipe at the back near the charcoal canister, not the one at the front by the bonnet catch...

Ahh, that might be it - thank you!! I was trying the one by the bonnet catch, I shall investigate tomorrow :)