The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fxxking Speed Bumps

sipstrassi

I have cracked my front bumper.

all the paint has chracked and crazy paved. So needs a respray.

The code i have is 8L5

i have bought a touch up pen previously for stone chips which has a base and a laqure pen.

Can some one tell me if it is a waterbased paint i require.

Cheers

Pete

I feel your pain. No idea about the paint code, sorry but I do often wonder how many of us with a bodykitted car have broken a part of it on a speed hump.

Surely if a speedhump broke your lambos front bumper you'd claim or write do council,..so has anyone ever tried this with their kitted cars (and more specifically won!)?

My mate, and next door (RX7 owner) neighbour put a claim in for a ridiculously high speed bump at the end of our street, its on a give way also so pretty f&cking pointless, anyway

The independent 'measurer' guy comes out and declares its fine, even though every Tom, Dick and Harry is scraping their bumpers off it as we speak to the guy,

He has arrived in one of those really old Volvo's, bit like an S40 but hatch at the rear, he has the tweed suit jacket and looks very official, even though he doesnt seem to notice that due to the camber in the road, the speed bump is higher in some places than others, it would stop a flaming tank!

The icing on the cake is after he parts company thinking 'job done' he only goes and smashes into the said speed bump which then rips off his dying exhaust! Hilarious!:D

It takes 6weeks from then for the council to confirm, yes it is too high in certain places, agreeing he should recieve compensation for the bumper(he was claiming 280quid for the fix), only for them to turnaround and say you shall recieve 140pounds, because HE never reported it in the 5years he lived there, even though he was only a driver for previous 3, and RX7 owner for about 2months!WTF!

i couldnt make a joint claim - even though my bumper is scraped by the said speedbump as my car was declared sorn at the time!

That's a funny story. Ironically I too broke my rear bumper with my old rx7 on a speed hump.

I find Shell petrol stations have ridiculous speedhumps or poor entrances where my rx7 always scraped. I find it wierd Shell who want performance cars to fill up always put stupid speed humps at their garages.

The Shell petrol stations in Bristol and Bath and central london are particularly bad. I was going to write a letter to complain but never got around to it

Guest mattsupra

i have gone to the council and won

there is a 4 way junction with traffic lights on it and the road got well chuwed up

the ruts where about 2" deep plus in some parts of it

i turned the wheel to go left and the wheel got caught on the edge of the missing tarmac so i went to the council and they paid for a new wheel

so it might be worth doing something about