The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sad Sunday

Guest Foxyroxy

Guest Foxyroxy

[/sAD] Not the best of days today
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_sad.gif

Story off my poor supra's illness, though not terminal :rolleyes:

Just after having a wicked day out in the sun with best mate and the missus, arrived back at my mates house due to a fault with his rear lights on his mr2 :yawn:. He pulls into his drive and i reverse in, so if you imagine looking down we are parked in a T shape, about 2/ metres apart.

Me and the partner are sitting in the car waiting and after he had finished sorting his lights he checked them out, put it into reverse, and they all worked.

Unfortunetly due to being in a rush he didnt think, started his car and well...... you can guess what happened next....

As he also didnt have his handbrake on, his car pelted straight back into the side of my poor supra

Due to the lovely weather, we took advantage and took the roof off, windows down.... So yet another problem...

So i now have a lovely multi-dented/door cracked/bent/wing creased car and a completely smashed window, not good to start to a new week [sAD]

And all he got was a scuffed corner and slight bumber ajarment, not to mentioned we had spent about 2 1/2 hours cleaning and polishing them!!!

:bang::banghead::badmood:

Edited by Foxyroxy (see edit history)

[/sAD] Not the best of days today

Story off my poor supra's illness, though not terminal :rolleyes:

Just after having a wicked day out in the sun with best mate and the missus, arrived back at my mates house due to a fault with his rear lights on his mr2 :yawn:. He pulls into his drive and i reverse in, so if you imagine looking down we are parked in a T shape, about 2/ metres apart.

Me and the partner are sitting in the car waiting and after he had finished sorting his lights he checked them out, put it into reverse, and they all worked.

Unfortunetly due to being in a rush he didnt think, started his car and well...... you can guess what happened next....

As he also didnt have his handbrake on, his car pelted straight back into the side of my poor supra

Due to the lovely weather, we took advantage and took the roof off, windows down.... So yet another problem...

So i now have a lovely multi-dented/door cracked/bent/wing creased car and a completely smashed window, not good to start to a new week [sAD]

And all he got was a scuffed corner and slight bumber ajarment, not to mentioned we had spent about 2 1/2 hours cleaning and polishing them!!!

:bang::banghead::badmood:

I hope he's paying for the damage

Guest mattsupra

one of those things unfortunatly

doesnt matter whats said to try and make it all better mate its just bad luck unfortunatly

hope it gets sorted soon and there are plenty of people on here who could/will help you out if need be

all the best and hope you get it sorted asap

matt

similar thing happened to me....

i spent last weekend washing and waxing my baby... after hours of cleaning.... i mean everything glass, plastics, vinyls... she was looking gorgeous and put her for rest for the night....

my cousin bumps her.... and left me with a nasty front bumper....

Guest Foxyroxy

Hey peeps no pics yet, hopefully tomoro.... Got some prices for him lol and yeh he is paying for it... Toyota state (exc VAT)

Window = £120

Window mechanism = £55

Door = £405

Door respray = £200 (from 3rd party not toyota)

Then the labour is TBC but all is estimating £1500, which is still quite a lot for a door lol