The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Face lift rear lights + Fog light confusion

bmx1lew

Lads I have fitted some face lift rears which are from a Jspec and have had the Fog light mod, This has replaced my Pre face lift which are also jspec and also have the fog light mod. I wired them all in which was fine however when I brake my fogs come on.. so I have had a play around and even though i have disconected my fogs there is still 4 lights coming on when i brake!?!?!

Here are some photos can any one help?

Long Black Wire is the old fog wire.

The red wire here.. which is revers was cut so i put clams on them, reason the green wire has gaffa tape on is because i wanted to see what was done under the black tape that was already on.. i pealed it off and theres 2 greens going into one.

Same here

And again long black wire is off fogs I just taped it up so it was bunched togeather.

Im totally lost now and confused to bits!

Lew.

Edited by bmx1lew (see edit history)

Pretty sure the 4 lights come on when i brake too although i can't be sure. The only difference was when not breaking 2 of them are left on for the fog lights.

Could be wrong though, too late to go out and see.

Which fog light mod? The reason I ask is that sounds like desired operation.

The Thor fog light mod uses all four lights as brakes when no fog light switch is on, and two of the lights act as fogs, with 2 acting as brakes when fog light switch is on.

Mike

Which fog light mod? The reason I ask is that sounds like desired operation.

The Thor fog light mod uses all four lights as brakes when no fog light switch is on, and two of the lights act as fogs, with 2 acting as brakes when fog light switch is on.

Mike

Too slow :p

now im mega confused, So hold on.... there is a mod to have 4 lights come on when braking? but im sure 2 if them are brighter (the fogs). I will have to get pics..

So I press the brake, 4 lights come on, 2 brake, 2 fogs, but the fogs are brighter then the brake's?

could some one run out and get some pics of theres so i can compare to mine?

Lew.

So I press the brake, 4 lights come on, 2 brake, 2 fogs, but the fogs are brighter then the brake's?

No, they are all the same brightness when braking. When off the brakes 2 of them stay at full brightness, 2 of them dull down to driving lights as per the pics.

@ Pixelfill - Touché ;)