The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking at this supra

add heywood

interested in this supra on pistonheads and ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110249044060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Just a few questions for you guys. With it being a single still running on standard ecu could this be harmfull to engine etc? F-con ecu comes with car but isnt actually fitted. Considering I would probably want around 500 - 550 hp would this turbo be too big / slow to spool. It seems that everything is there just needs a few finishing touches at a reasonable price for a single manual. Any opinions would be gratefull, Thanks

I would be very careful for a few reasons

Selling as a 600 BHP car, which it has never run yet

States it is 500 BHP now, but that is unproven

Has 550 injectors fitted with a T78, that is puching your luck on boost as no AFR gauge fitted

States he is a perfectionist but if you read between the lines with the 6 speed conversion he is actually a novice and perhaps does not understand the risks of running the current spec

He states he has run big BHP or high boost, on this set up I would be worried

Some nice parts not fitted, why would you not finish the car??

Worth a look with an expert tagging along for advice but at 12.5K you can do better in our for sale section or with one of our Traders on a proven car

All IMO of course ;)

Thanks everyone. Says the gearbox conversion and single conversion were both done at Staplehay Autos. Its the fueling issue that I wanted a bit of advice on. I take it that having such a big turbo makes it very easy to run lean?

Running a stock ECU with 550 cc injectors and such a big turbo will see a lean fuel mix at quite low boost levels, as no AFR gauge is fitted the owner would never know until it went pop IMO

Thanks everyone. Says the gearbox conversion and single conversion were both done at Staplehay Autos. Its the fueling issue that I wanted a bit of advice on. I take it that having such a big turbo makes it very easy to run lean?

Hmm from what I know staplehay autos is a small village garage so they probly wouldnt be geared up for tuning or turbo charging etc

interested in this supra on pistonheads and ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110249044060&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

Just a few questions for you guys. With it being a single still running on standard ecu could this be harmfull to engine etc? F-con ecu comes with car but isnt actually fitted. Considering I would probably want around 500 - 550 hp would this turbo be too big / slow to spool. It seems that everything is there just needs a few finishing touches at a reasonable price for a single manual. Any opinions would be gratefull, Thanks

If you are dead set on getting this car, i would take someone who ideally knows about supra's and LISTEN VERY CAREFULLY for any noises!

A noise what you think maybe minor, could possibly be a disaster waiting to happen. I fell for it when i got my TT! :(

Guest mattsupra

i have seen this advertised before it was actually on ebay and he has/had a supra which he was breaking too on ebay so i would guess its just a case of what he has found on cars hes broke n stuck it all together

maybe not but all imo obviously