The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JDL kit gone crazy

richard cash

front end is all ready minus the do luck bumper and chargespeed bonnet (dont know if it will all flow together as theres a lot of different brands but will just have to see!!) but thought id try something different with the rear. Got the JDL kit cos it was a good base to use for the wide arches and the TRD spoiler accentuates the wideness, lol.

basing the shape of the rear on the softer rounder Top secret/ BRS style as opposed to the chargespeed one. A little risky i first though as the front will be angled with te bonnet/bumper combo but the JDL rear bumper and arches arent completly flat so im hoping it will pan out. If it doesnt ill just rip everything off and go TS. Rear is all shaped but ive not uploaded latest pics so these are from a few days ago

interior is getting a full cream leather/dark blue alcantara retrim, then just got the engine to turbo (in the process of sorting that out)

DSC00720.JPG

DSC00718.JPG

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, let the bad comments roll in. I knew id get slated big time, it looks like a right shitter at the mo. Should be finished by the end of the month. tryingto fit in between jobs

yes its expanding foam, 1 can weighs a few hundred grams and is strong enough to stand on the rear arches, so not going to fall apart when you prod the rear arches with a cotton bud, like ive seen many times before!

i think JDL will sue you mate!! and toyota..... omg!! that is just not right!!!

one advice!! take you money and do a n/a-tt conversion!!! if you have deep pockets go single, stay with std looks and be one sleeper in the road!!

but it is your car(i hope) do what ever you like!! hope to see a good result in the end!!

goodluck, i would of waited and posted them pics with some other pics showing a more finished look.

I you get it right it will look nice. This is how supragals car was created by using foam and cutting it to shape. only difference is you didnt see the unshaped pics.

I say give the guy a chance if we all did the same thing the world would be boring!

I you get it right it will look nice. This is how supragals car was created by using foam and cutting it to shape. only difference is you didnt see the unshaped pics.

Supragals car was made rather more professionally that this effort. At least it was cut, pre-formed and shaped foam block and then fully fibreglassed (Entire body was a one-off). This is approach is something rather different, to say the least... :taped: