The mkiv Supra Owners Club

it just gets better

gaz1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh yes my bad, still supprised its less.

I think it's something to do with Wez's setup being bang on it's effciency range at the rpm & load it's reaching peak torque, but suffers once the rpm's rise and has greater drop in pulling power. The slightly larger T67 comes into it's peak effciency at higher load so has a little less peak torque (needs more boost for that), but holds the torque nearly flat to redline.

....or something like that!

Nice one Gaz, must be a fantastic machine to drive now, that is a very impressive figure for 1.4 bar, you going to map any higher for pod runs etc ??
i think thats plenty for me

Excellent result Gaz, really pleased for you :) IIRC that is the highest result for a T67dbb yet.

Did you manage to scare yourself on the way home? :D

yep twice:d

Very nice matey, I bet you can feel the difference :thumbs:
yes i nearly had a go with an m3, but was so low on fuel:( he was taunting me too, i so wanted to wipe the grin off his face

Fantastic result Gaz, chuffed to bits for you :D :D

cheers mate;)

I believe the BL67 is good for 1.6bar on decent pump fuel and 1.8bar possibly 2bar on race fuel.

ryan thinks i could go more:d but i am more than happy with it now;)

Ooo that could be VERY naughty. Would raising the boost to 2bar bring the torque closer to the BHP level? I know it will raise the torque but i'm just curious if, as Homer said about the efficiency, there could be a LOT more torque available.

Ahh yes my bad, still supprised its less.

The torque could be raised at the points when the turbo first comes online with a few tweaks on the map but i find having more torque when the turbo first comes on causes serious traction issues and in turn makes the car slower. On Wes's car we actually lowered the boost in the first 3 gears to just try and help with his traction due to the torque wall which his car has.

I much rather want to produce a steady straight line of torque which is held to the red line like your car Jamie :)

Small turbo's tend to create a high peak value then drop off and the larger turbo cause the torque to rise with rpm normally.