The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cant get over speed bumps

Guest garymc

Guest garymc

just got myself the front topsecret bumper fitted today but it looks like its going to have to come back off as it seems very low and i cant get it over any speed bumps.. :(:( anyone else had this problem?

Just about everyone with a supra and an aftermarket bumper lol.

I'm guessing you have your car lowered? If so, try getting higher springs. I have RSr's and they are a little higher than some.

I CAN get over speedbumps but i have to go unbelievably slow. I find my cat pipe hits more than the bumper does.

Guest garymc

its a nightmare the cars parked about a mile away from my house.. i dont even think the car has been lowered.. just reciently got it but have no history ect on whats been done..

I've recently had the JDL bumper fitted, the car is lowered and I do scrape. Not too much of a problem on the square type, best piece of advice I had is when going over straight bumps approach at an angle and change to the opposite lock to come off, it seems to work. Same trick seems to work when reversing up onto the drive albeit the curbs lowered. Looking at raising the Tein coilovers a tad t see if that helps.

What kind of speed bumps? Mine's got a Top Secret front, it doesn't like car parks but not had problems with speed bumps (have to go very slow over them). Mine's lowered on Tein coilovers too

mine to no problems here, either you have massive speedbumps or you are well lowered;)

Guest garymc

its the ones that are the full width of the road and gradually rise up to the height of the kerb. just gave it a try but heard too many scrapes and bangs so it aint gonna work :(:(

Haven't seen any that are kerb height. Most are 1/2 to 3/4 kerb height.

I can't get over the ones that go all the way accross either but thats because my car is so low.

Speaking of which. I've got a double de-cat going on on Wednesday. Will this make speedbumps a little easier or harder? I was thinking that the CAT's would hang down much further than the pipe, is that right?

Speaking of which. I've got a double de-cat going on on Wednesday. Will this make speedbumps a little easier or harder? I was thinking that the CAT's would hang down much further than the pipe, is that right?

should not make much difference, easier if anything