The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD anti roll bar (sway bar) fitting instructions

colsoop

Does anyone have the above, just wanted to check how hard it is to fit. I have the supra manuals at home and wanted to see whether there were any extra brackets etc with the TRD kit.

Thanks

Hi Col

Should be easy to fit, I'd guess the TRD ones are identical to stock just a bit stiffer (don't know much about the TRD ones as they are only sold by TRD USA). I would fit new drop links at the same time if you are fitting new ARB's.

See manual here: http://www.turbosupras.com/pdfs/JZA80%20TSRM/SA.pdf

Here are pics of some Cusco ARB's I supplied recently.

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/9608/p1030625sn1.jpg

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/5200/img2094vx7.jpg http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5765/img2095zg6.jpg

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Does anyone have the above, just wanted to check how hard it is to fit. I have the supra manuals at home and wanted to see whether there were any extra brackets etc with the TRD kit.

Thanks

No extra brackets or anything, it's just a case of removing the drop links and unbolting the two brackets on each bar that hold them on and replacing the new. The thing that makes it difficult is getting the old drop links off as they are usually seized and very hard to get off, especially without knackering them.

Hi Col

Should be easy to fit, I'd guess the TRD ones are identical to stock just a bit stiffer (don't know much about the TRD ones as they are only sold by TRD USA). I would fit new drop links at the same time if you are fitting new ARB's.

Cheers Nic,

No extra brackets or anything, it's just a case of removing the drop links and unbolting the two brackets on each bar that hold them on and replacing the new. The thing that makes it difficult is getting the old drop links off as they are usually seized and very hard to get off, especially without knackering them.

Thanks Simon. Doesn't look too bad

Edited by colsoop (see edit history)

• 4 years later...

I wont be replacing the drop links tomorrow as i just want to get this fitted as its a semi serious item that has snapped .. If i want get the drop links out then i will leave it for when i have new ones.

Anyone know how much they are from Mr.T ? Full set .

hmm that rear cusco looks adjustable too, i was looking at a pair of adjustable whitelines for my NA. Nic could you PM me the spec and a price for a pair inc delivery please bud? in the meantime i'll get some quotes for the whiteline gear through other suppliers.

I wont be replacing the drop links tomorrow as i just want to get this fitted as its a semi serious item that has snapped .. If i want get the drop links out then i will leave it for when i have new ones.

Anyone know how much they are from Mr.T ? Full set .

If you cant get the drop links undone how will you fit the new arb ?

More often than not the only way is to cut them off and replace them.

Driving without an arb isn't a big deal as long as your not pushing

the car hard which in this weather you shouldn't be

If you do replace the drop links, find the part number for the mk3 supra rear drop links, they are exactly the same as the front mk4 drop links and are £12 each rather than £65!!! Dr Jekyll on here ordered the mk3 part number and they turned up in a box with the mk4 part number on

Edited by Justin Bieber (see edit history)

I had to cut the drop links off on my daily just the other day, absolute pain in the butt to get off. Had mole grips on the ball joint, spanner on the back, wouldnt come off. Tried heating it with a blowtorch to no avail - angle grinder ftw :D

HAHA .. had to get the angle grinder out in the end :) , Only took off the bit that had snapped as it was really dangerous hanging around loose under the car like that.

Will be ordering the whole set front and rear tomorrow.

Does anybody know the part number for MK3 rear drop links as i already have the part numbers for the MK4 front and rears but would love to save some cash. :)

HAHA .. had to get the angle grinder out in the end :) , Only took off the bit that had snapped as it was really dangerous hanging around loose under the car like that.

Will be ordering the whole set front and rear tomorrow.

Does anybody know the part number for MK3 rear drop links as i already have the part numbers for the MK4 front and rears but would love to save some cash. :)

PM dr jekyll on here bud, he might have the part number knocking about somewhere