The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New wheels fitted - Image wheels

Axle

Got my brand new wheels fitted yesterday.

They were specially made for my supra with 50- offset.

Rather pleased with them :)

The car handles so much better, even though they are 18's - On 245/40 fronts & 275/35 rears.

Opted for Continental Sport Contact 3 tyres, which are excellent.

Anyway, a couple of pics - Apologies for the quality, were taken with my phone cam.

Look good fella, now pop some tyre shine on them :)

Yeh good point.

Was going to get it polished up proper tomorrow, so will perhaps get some decent pics done with my proper camera.

Took about 5 weeks to make, and cost £1,700 for just the alloys. Thats at a discount too. Orginally price was £1,950 for the alloys.

They have also been specially treated so that the polished lip is protected. Its some kind of protective coating they use.

Tyres were purchased and fitted at a friends tyre store, so they were heavily discounted.

So total package with tyres £2,235 :innocent:

very nice, alot of money though

True, and in some ways feel guilty about spending that kind of money.

Although i do contribute a decent amount to charity every month, so that lessens the guilt somewhat lol.

i always use that excuse too, works for me. Any other plans for the supe

Lol.

Well its already full BPU, UK spec brakes, Blitz Dual Boost controller/ Spec R exhaust etc, full interior leather trim from Gibson trimming - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=147872

Want to keep the car as true to Stock as possible (visually) but with my own subtle mods. Will get rid of the stock Traction control and install the Racelogic TC.

I will keep it twin. Just finally going to Add an uprated Greddy SMIC, and HKS 256 cams, Chris Wilson Supension setup and that will be it i think :)

Guest mattsupra
Look good fella, now pop some tyre shine on them :)

i cant beleive i just read that quote

tyre shine on a supra?

surelly not?

i thought supras were meant for driving not sliding all over the road with tyre shine on them?

oh well i live n learn ;)