The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra slower in this warm weather

hogmaw

Normally it is not so noticeable as winter > spring > summer is transitional, but these past few days have been so hot I have certainly noticed a drop in performance due to warmer air. Is it possible to have 2xSMICs, one either side?!

Normally it is not so noticeable as winter > spring > summer is transitional, but these past few days have been so hot I have certainly noticed a drop in performance due to warmer air. Is it possible to have 2xSMICs, one either side?!

Is it possibly, certainly with enough tinkering/parts/time/money.

Why not just go front mount?

Only a couple of weeks ago it was cold enough to be frosty. We've gone in that time from the densest air you will get in this country to some of the thinnest because of the hot weather so if your car is affected badly by hotter thinner air you'll have noticed it much more. Usually that sort of weather change is normally gradual over a couple of months.

My brunters results:

Shot intercooler, July, 38C, tail wind = 153mph

New intercooler, March, 7C, tail wind = 161mph

Car otherwise same for both events.

How do you know you wouldn't have gone the same speed in the higher temperatures with the shot intercooler?

I have new chris wilson smic btw