Firestorm

Strut Braces/Tower Bars  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Strut Braces/Tower Bars

• TRD
    • Carbing
    • Cusco
    • Other

What do you want it for Pete? Intending to track the Supe or is it just bling?

lol nice sig :D

its all about the sig mate!! lol! me- well yeh bling for sure LOL but yeh tracking the supe is on the cards now mate... damn you and your inspiration!! lol!

its all about the sig mate!! lol! me- well yeh bling for sure LOL but yeh tracking the supe is on the cards now mate... damn you and your inspiration!! lol!

Would have thought you would want to remove the bodykit for track days as it is a bit restrictive on ground clearance and the rear wing will cause a lot of drag ?, perhaps go back to stockish

Would have thought you would want to remove the bodykit for track days as it is a bit restrictive on ground clearance and the rear wing will cause a lot of drag ?, perhaps go back to stockish

funny you should say that.... cos im in the process of sourcing parts so that when i do track it- i can put the stock stuff on to roll.. plus im changing the suspension as well aso that it wont be rolling so low! the veilside has to come off anyway as it needs to be meneded whre ive scrapped ... luckily my sister is off to america on the 20th so im gettin her crappy 1.3 clio-- gives me some time to put the car on axel stands and go to town on fixing and re-fitting.. not sayin the car is particuallry bad condition but im a perfectionist... as steve R knows lol... and i like things perfect.

Good point - braking hard with it as low as it is won't be pretty. :(

funny you should say that.... cos im in the process of sourcing parts so that when i do track it- i can put the stock stuff on to roll.. plus im changing the suspension as well aso that it wont be rolling so low! the veilside has to come off anyway as it needs to be meneded whre ive scrapped ... luckily my sister is off to america on the 20th so im gettin her crappy 1.3 clio-- gives me some time to put the car on axel stands and go to town on fixing and re-fitting.. not sayin the car is particuallry bad condition but im a perfectionist... as steve R knows lol... and i like things perfect.

:thumbs:

As a guy who likes things perfect I would get a bumper bra as looking at the stone chips from the last club track day you may well have some paint bills to come also if you want to keep your car mint

IMO track days in Supras really needs a car built just for such an event unless you are doing it for a laugh, I have purchased a cheap NA which I have given to my GF as her first car, but the condition is that I can rag the hell out of it on track days and not to worry about it breaking from time to time, I would never track my single car with the same attitude :D

Edit, sorry gone off topic so back to Strut Bars !

Edited by tooquicktostop (see edit history)

From a, aesthetic point of view the carbing is the best it has good welds and looks to be well made. The TRD is probably the stiffest and most purposeful but it uses piss poor welds and in my view is a bit scruffy.

If you are buying one for added stiffness then i would look elsewhere for that, perhaps uprated roll bars.

i think you raise a good point there.. i think at first tracking it for a bit of fun would be good to see how i roll-- i probably suck !LOL but i like the fact u have a n/a to rag-- not a bad idea as i wanna get my gf one too! mite have to look into that.

Steve il take a look at JTS- but i mite have to wait to the next cos i got hectic scheudle i for beginning of june.. Download festival baby!

back to struts... Trd does look very sweet but now im not convinced on the welding. carbing seems to be a dark horse on the polls - what bout the rear? same?

what about the back? unless im being a nutter i cant find a trd rear strut.. so if that isnt possible what would u put in the back?

TRD don't do a rear brace. Here are pics of the Carbing rear brace, it mounts on the top of each strut and also bolts to the central cross member (you can see the 2 brackets in the middle of the brace on the first pic).

If you'd like prices for either just let me know.

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/5161/p3150092nj3.jpg

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4684/p3310126ee7.jpg http://img329.imageshack.us/img329/3093/p3310127jq3.jpg

What about Cusco...i heard there's is pretty good and solid. Dont they do a carbon fibre rear strut brace aswell??

I have a Cusco CF rear brace on mine, they are very stiff and light in weight, they are quite big and bulky though. If I was fitting a rear brace now I would fit the Carbing.