The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My bumper won't come off

fri3ndly

OK so I was trying to take the bumper off today to remesh the grill as its old and rusty.

I located all the screws and took them out but encountered two problems:

1. The passenger side screw in the side turns the nut/washer at the same time and will not come out.
  2. When putting the bumper back on, the 2 (there was only 2) bolts at the bottom do not screw into anything, they were nto even screwed in properly when I took them off.

Has anyone any advice or suggestions please?

Thank you

Yeh to an extent, but I have an aftermarket bumper so some of it is obsolete.

The main problem is just one of the side bolts is turning as I use the ratchet but also turning the part that is supposed to stay still so is not coming out. The gap is about big enough for a small table knife and I have tried holding the washer/nut still while I turn the bolt but had no joy :(

The joys of aftermarket tat bodywork, eh?

I had exactly the same problem with my VeilSnide front bumper from Miami GT/Miami Rice. I believe the bumper is now scrap because of that rotating fitting.

"YPCYPT"; quite ironic really.

The only way to get it off it to grip the "nut" from the inside of the bumper. Not easy and you might have to destroy part of the bumper to do it.

And Jake, I agree to some degree. I guess thats just *some higher person* punishing you for buying a Veilchav copy :innocent:

However my Miami-Rice do-luck copy was made very well, It survived being ripped out of it's mounting twice and had upwards of 300 'grounding out' moments... It's still going stong, but it probably 20% lighter than it started as :D