The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel refurb advice needed.....

TLicense

I've just received my wheels back from being "refurbished". Bit of a miscommunication problem though. The guy thought I just wanted the outer lip polished back to standard, rather than the whole wheel cleaned up back to stock.

To be fair, they've done a reasonable job of the polishing:-

But the inside still looks pretty bad:-

Here's one that I attacked with a pressure washer and some auto glym wheel cleaner:-

So the question is, what can I do, or who can I take them to to get back the standard cast finish? I just paid through the nose to get the outer lip polished, because they had to split the rims to be able to do it properly. Now I recon to get the inside back the cast finish that they had originally, you would need to sandblast them. If you were going to blast them, I guess you would want to split them down so you don't end up blasting the spokes. It would also be easier to mask the polished bit up then.

I would take them back to the place I got them done at, but I have a one fail rule, and they've managed to get it wrong....

So really, who can do the job, and do it properly?

Cheers,

I'd still need to get the inner cleaned up before it was painted. If it's getting cleaned up, then painting is actually an extra operation. It would make it easier to maintain, but to be fair, if I just got off my lazy arse and cleaned them, then I wouldn't be in this situation to start with!

• 2 months later...

ARGRGGRGGHGHGHHH

In the end I cleaned the insides of the wheels myself. Spent ages doing it too.

So today I went to fit them. Off side front - no problems. Near side front suddenly seems to clash with the brake caliper....

It suddenly dawned on me. They've only fitted the rear spokes to the front wheel! FAPPIN IDIOTS! :angry:

So tomorrow I'll be calling them and getting them to sned a courier to pick them up, swap them over and then send them back. Honestly bunch of useless pri...

Seems even the simplest of simple tasks is beyond most people nowadays.

You must know something I don't then Chris. All the bolts undone, and there was no way it was coming apart easily.

Maybe if the outer was heated and the inner cooled, but I can't believe that's what the muppets who I took them to did, so I guess it's pressed.