The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Break for parts or sell complete

GavinL

I have been a Supra owner for 7 years, the last 2 of which the car has been off the road whilst fabrication, mechanical and tuning work was slowly completed.

As of today it looks like another supplier has let me down and I really can’t face anymore disappointment so I think it’s time for the car to go.

I’m aware that Supra prices are pretty poor so it begs the question, should I consider breaking the car for parts in order to get more money back.

The car is an extensively mechanically modified 95 UK six speed in Alpine silver with 87K on the chassis.

Mechanically here is a list of the highlights:

Large GReddy intercooler

Built balanced engine & Head less than 10K (CP pistons, Carillo rods, etc)

AEM ecu mapped to 27psi (only needs a few hours additional mapping for race fuel)

Powerhouse Racing stage 3 turbo with 4” DP and 850cc fuel system

Veilside Ti exhaust

TEIN HA coilover with EDFC/TRD antiroll bars

Large Ally rad + fans

Plus lots of other bit and pieces, too many to mention.

Outside car is cosmetically standard bar clear front and rear indicators (it used to have clear side but they were stolen whilst the car was away) and overall in very good condition.

The interior is mainly standard with just a few additional gauges/wideband (the original mats were also stolen whilst the car was away)

Obviously I don’t expect to get back what I put into the car but I do need to maximise my return.

Your thoughts please

I have been a Supra owner for 7 years, the last 2 of which the car has been off the road whilst fabrication, mechanical and tuning work was slowly completed.

As of today it looks like another supplier has let me down and I really can’t face anymore disappointment so I think it’s time for the car to go.

I’m aware that Supra prices are pretty poor so it begs the question, should I consider breaking the car for parts in order to get more money back.

The car is an extensively mechanically modified 95 UK six speed in Alpine silver with 87K on the chassis.

Mechanically here is a list of the highlights:

Large GReddy intercooler

Built balanced engine & Head less than 10K (CP pistons, Carillo rods, etc)

AEM ecu mapped to 27psi (only needs a few hours additional mapping for race fuel)

Powerhouse Racing stage 3 turbo with 4” DP and 850cc fuel system

Veilside Ti exhaust

TEIN HA coilover with EDFC/TRD antiroll bars

Large Ally rad + fans

Plus lots of other bit and pieces, too many to mention.

Outside car is cosmetically standard bar clear front and rear indicators (it used to have clear side but they were stolen whilst the car was away) and overall in very good condition.

The interior is mainly standard with just a few additional gauges/wideband (the original mats were also stolen whilst the car was away)

Obviously I don’t expect to get back what I put into the car but I do need to maximise my return.

Your thoughts please

Sounds like you are fed up of it. Just sell it at a loss. It would be too heart wrenching and time consuming to break it and sell it for parts.