The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last Piece of the Puzzle - New alarm

Matt H

Just a bit of advice wanted. the last piece of the puzzle (or the last part i need) for my supra is a new all singing all dancing alarm.

I'm looking for something that has the following capabilities.

- remote engine start

- wind both windows up on arm (as an option)

- lock doors after x seconds of turning the engine over

- CAT 1

- turn the headlights on on demand

- beep on arm if any doors / boot or bonnet is open

- Fold in wing mirrors (as an option)

- say "welcome michael" on ignition :D nah

If any body can recomend something that has as many of the above boxes ticked as possible that would be great.

Ta

Matt

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

- say "welcome michael" on ignition

Scrap all the other stuff, this is all you need :D, you also need a 'turbo boost' button, but would be cooler if it said matthew other wise you are going to be getting people thinking you've stolen the car :D

Scrap all the other stuff, this is all you need :D, you also need a 'turbo boost' button, but would be cooler if it said matthew other wise you are going to be getting people thinking you've stolen the car :D

i prefer it to say "player" rather than matthew :D

The remote start bit would be a problem if you wanted to attain thatcham approval.

So any alarm that has remote start cannot be classed as CAT 1then? whats the rules on that?

almost sounds like you've read the specsheet off a clifford to me ;)

Take a look at the Clifford Concept 650. But as mentioned remote engine start (and Blackjaxx) invalidate thatcham approvals.

Cool, i'll have a look at that, people have mentioned CLifford to me in the past.

The remote start bit would be a problem if you wanted to attain thatcham approval.

Damn, beaten to it. :) But yes remote start and cat 1 are mutually exclusive....

If you aren't too bothered about Cat1, then something like the clifford matrix alarm rs 3.5 would do the job.

You could use the remote boot (trunk) control to flip the mirrors in and out...

could work, who needs a boot popper anyway with a supra? then again i have to stick the roof in there but i could live without that function ;)

be careful when choosing a fitter for the clifford alarms. The are a pain in the arse when not fitted correctly and have al sorts of stupid issues!!

i've got my auto electrician sorted. worked wonders on my last supra doing bits and bobs and he fits alarms day in day out so pretty confident on that. his best talent is wiring up bespoke stuff which is what i needed on my other car. top bloke couldnt recommend him enough. if everything goes spot on with my alarm fitting then i'll be passing his name on to everyone ;)

So any alarm that has remote start cannot be classed as CAT 1then? whats the rules on that?

IMO Cat 1 means it's and alarm and immobiliser, Cat 2 immobiliser also Cat 4 tracker/immobiliser

Insurance company's have lists of approved systems, so i'd suggest speaking to them before deciding what you want.

You can the ask the supplier for something thats on the approved list that does what you want :)