The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My petrol light has just come on . . .

jonpayne1843

ok iv only had my supra for a week now, im not into the habit of letting it run dry on petrol and wont be doing so.

But out of curiosity how many miles would i get out of it before she coughed, spluttered then stopped??

i once pushed 35 out of my mr2 as i was in fifth on carriageway coming back from eastleigh. :sly:

im going to get stick arn't i.

Not necessarily, as I'd like to know too. :)

I never let mine go much below half full, as we only have one petrol station in Eastbourne that sells 99octane, and I don't really want to put an alternative in, unless its really desperate.

Thats not right :blink:

No sh!t....:D

I would get that looked at, although it isn't a massive problem. Either the level indicator or the light indicator is not where is should be.

I always run all my cars from full tank to empty and have never had a problwm with stuff in the tank. I couldn't bear to be filling up every 5 minutes with half a tank left......:blink:

H.

No sh!t....:D

I would get that looked at, although it isn't a massive problem. Either the level indicator or the light indicator is not where is should be.

I always run all my cars from full tank to empty and have never had a problwm with stuff in the tank. I couldn't bear to be filling up every 5 minutes with half a tank left......:blink:

H.

If that was aimed at me, I only have to top up once a week, if that. I wouldn't be topping up every few days, that's just nuts. :)

TIPS

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=145276&highlight=half+full+top+petrol

(thank you gaz1)

One of the most important tips is to fill up when your tank is HALF

FULL. The reason for this is, the more fuel you have in your tank the

less air occupying its empty space. petrol evaporates faster than you

can imagine. Petroleum storage tanks have an internal floating roof.

This

roof serves as zero clearance between the petrol and the atmosphere, so

it minimizes the evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I

work, every truck that we load is temperature compensated so that every

litre is actually the exact amount.

Edited by G-NEMIE (see edit history)