The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not the best end to a holiday

Burble Burble

Well the run from eastbourne to braemar was great and the holiday was a belter, but on the run back down my sup decided to boil off the scale so I pulled off the m40 - just north of the M25, lifted the lid to see what was what and let it cool down, just as I'm putting the bonnet on it's bar the top rad hose blew off.

Ever had vesuvius empty itself on the back of your arm? Plus where I was I had to wait an hour, put two bottles of drinking water in to limp to a garage and refill, an hour and a half back down to A & E and a two hour sit there.

I now have a burn the size of a fiver on my upper arm, and I've just got the sh*te off the outside of the car - and myself - but the engine bays a real mess. The cars OK though but I'm b*ggered if I can find why it boiled up. I can only think the rad was low and got an airlock.

One thing though, thanks to all thoise helpful people who drove past as I was throwing myself aside covered in brown crappy VERY hot water. :help:

bad news fella! mine was the other supe thats went pop... I now have to go to the docs evry 2 days to get my dressing changed. Another lucky escape for an owner!

I got burnt from the very edge of my wrist to my armpit... bloody hurts thats for sure!

Little trick I was always taught in these situations, open the bonnet standing near the drivers door, while it isn't always the easiest thing at least you aren't in the path of any projectiles or silly hot liquids. (And not in front of the car)

Remember water boils at a much higher tempreature under pressure, so as soon as an opening is there the water system on a car will push through it due to the pressure. Not good to hear about the burn, having been there once or twice I know what it is like.