The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what ecu ?????

phat supra

Been looking to get a new ecu I am running full bpu at the mo and intend to run a single next year there are quite a few different ecu's out there!!

The people that look after my car for me are recommending I go for a haltech

Just wondering what people make of the haltech ecu and if any one is running one

Thanks lee

I've never heard of Haltech, but I'm sure some here will know of them.

The popular standalone ECU's are:

AEM (quite expensive and has some issues)

Link G3 (Very highly rated and good price)

PowerFC (old-school, rare, but very reliable)

Motec M600/M800 (Very expensive, but one of the best around)

What is your budget for ECU and mapping?

As most will say, you should first choose your mapper, then your ECU.

I've never heard of Haltech, but I'm sure some here will know of them.

The popular standalone ECU's are:

AEM (quite expensive and has some issues)

Link G3 (Very highly rated and good price)

PowerFC (old-school, rare, but very reliable)

Motec M600/M800 (Very expensive, but one of the best around)

What is your budget for ECU and mapping?

As most will say, you should first choose your mapper, then your ECU.

wanted to try an get away with spending about £1500 + map less if pos

i no carnt find much info on the site about them chris wilson seems to menshon them and thor do them found this sup that is running one with a large spec on the main haltech site

What price have you had for the Haltech ? It's a very capable ecu but I believe you will need either a harness or to hard wire the Haltech in, either way this will be an additional cost whereas the AEM just plugs into the stock ecu connector.

For full standalone engine management, I do think the AEM is hard to beat at it's price.

What price have you had for the Haltech ? It's a very capable ecu but I believe you will need either a harness or to hard wire the Haltech in, either way this will be an additional cost whereas the AEM just plugs into the stock ecu connector.

For full standalone engine management, I do think the AEM is hard to beat at it's price.

Speaking of which, how much the the AEM ecu????

Check VERY carefully what support Haltech now offer in the UK. You DO NOT want to be limited to forum support, do they have an official supplier with full technical knowledge in the UK? If not I'd avoid it, although the Aussies have great results with them, and there is an active e-mail based user forum.

I would go for AEM if on a budget, or Motec if you want something very configurable with superb re sale value.

It's about £1k, but don't forget you will need a DLi also, so to get an AEM, DLi and MAP sensor you are looking at about £1350.

Oh right thats not as bad as i thought...:)

The only thing is, do vvti Supras require a DLI as ive just been told that they might not...

How much is a MAP sensor muffleman??

I can vouch for the Motec, but its very expensive, even with the good discount that Chris can get ya, its the extra factors that add to the cost - some making it the ecu it is, but what type of single route are you going...Dragmonster/Fast and Responsive/Big Single Cruiser? Whats your power aim?

I would go LINK G3, I was running this on my car very good! And once mapped properly, ran beautifully. Just the ECU, Map sensor and mapping required, unlike the AEM that requires the DLi (cold spark thingie) as well.

Is your car auto or manual?

I would go LINK G3, I was running this on my car very good! And once mapped properly, ran beautifully. Just the ECU, Map sensor and mapping required, unlike the AEM that requires the DLi (cold spark thingie) as well.

Is your car auto or manual?

where cani get a link from and where or who maps them

thanks

He has a VVTI which may not need the DLI ;)

• 1 month later...

PM sent! No reply yet ???

Or does anyone else can supply this ? if not the ecu, i need map and the plug and play adapter. anyone ?

Thanks.

I can supply a Motec M800 and associated bits pre configured to run fly by wire throttle and VVTi cam timing, with a good map for a stock manual car. Can even be supplied plug and play with a loom adaptor.