The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Good day to you!

Guest The Chunky Chap

Guest The Chunky Chap

Hello from Burton on Trent(ish)!

Been lurking for a while and thought it was time to 'show my face'. I realise that this sight my offend some people so I won't actually post a pic of me :p.

Haven't got a Supra yet, still saving (which is hard, lol), but hopefully will have enough by Christmas time, so it will be a cool present to me!

Here's my car at the mo (no laughing, it's not that bad...):

Peace out!

Simon.

Guest The Chunky Chap

Cheers!

It's gonna be fun finding one, but I'll be after a UK TT manual. Having said manual, a lot of people seem very enthusiastic about the auto box, so maybe I could be swayed...

As for the Rover, for what it is, it's pretty nippy (0-60 ~ 8.5sec) and surprises a fair few people :D

Simon.

Guest The Chunky Chap
Be prepared for a very long wait. May I ask what's wrong with J-Spec's? ;)

You certainly may :) One word... Insurance.

Guest The Chunky Chap
That's because you're driving a UK spec, if you were in a J-Spec you'd have got there already and have plenty of time to discuss it :innocent:

Bu-zing! :D

You certainly may :) One word... Insurance.

First of all, welcome :)

Second of all, may I ask how much your respective quotes are/were? I ask because you may find the running costs on either model to work out more than the insurance.

Guest The Chunky Chap
First of all, welcome :)

Second of all, may I ask how much your respective quotes are/were? I ask because you may find the running costs on either model to work out more than the insurance.

UK quotes are around £1500 and J-Specs (doesn't seem to matter if NA or TT...) are £2500 and up. Guess it's my age working against me, lol. I'm not too worried about running costs, as I don't do many miles nowadays.

Guest poodle

eeek thats a lorra pennies, your talking £150 a month insurance + £16 tax + £280 fuel to run a car per month (or am i over the top there?)

Guest The Chunky Chap
eeek thats a lorra pennies, your talking £150 a month insurance + £16 tax + £280 fuel to run a car per month (or am i over the top there?)

Looks about right for insurance and tax, but I would say you could half that fuel bill, lol.

As it stands now, I'm paying £100ish a month on insurance for the 218 and the tax will be the same, so the only thing that'll probably increase is the fuel. Oh, and servicing, as my usual grease-monkey friend won't touch anything like a Supra. May have a go myself ;)

Simon.

UK quotes are around £1500 and J-Specs (doesn't seem to matter if NA or TT...) are £2500 and up. Guess it's my age working against me, lol. I'm not too worried about running costs, as I don't do many miles nowadays.

Anyone that spends over 1.5k on insurance needs their head looking at imo, but thats just me. May I ask how old you are?

Guest The Chunky Chap
Anyone that spends over 1.5k on insurance needs their head looking at imo, but thats just me. May I ask how old you are?

You're right, that's why I won't be paying over £1500 :). Only got a few quotes so far, so I bet there's better deals to be had and I've got plenty of time to look. I'm not in any major rush, so if it comes to it and insurance is still on the high side, I'll wait.

Oh, and I'm 19, will be 20 by the time I've got all the money though :p

Simon.

You're not far from me, I'm in Derby.

I've only had my Supe for a month, I'm a newbie too =)

EDIT: I've got a friend in London who did me an amazing deal on my insurance, drop me a message when you're near to getting a car and I'll give you the details. It's a legit broker, he's not a "shady character"

Guest The Chunky Chap

Thanks for all the kind words :).

You're not far from me, I'm in Derby.

I've only had my Supe for a month, I'm a newbie too =)

EDIT: I've got a friend in London who did me an amazing deal on my insurance, drop me a message when you're near to getting a car and I'll give you the details. It's a legit broker, he's not a "shady character"

I've seen a few while out and about and I work in Derby every now and then. If you get a wave from a guy who looks like one of the guys from ZZ Top (apparently!) driving a BT Van then don't be scared :p.

Simon.

EDIT: Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned I work for BT...

*Raises shield*

Guest poodle

im still waiting for quotes from sky and a-plan to see what they can do, best so far using the dreaded confused.com is a little over 700 quid on a jspec tt manual