The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trip to wales (police rant)

gaz1

on my way down the m4 saturday, was in the 3rd lane doing about 75ish, "now on a motorway with medium to heavy traffic i like to leave at least a 4 car space in front of me" which seemed to annoy mr bmw behind me as now and again someone in the middle lane would pull out in front of me, no big deal as i would not gain anything by being up the arse of the car in front anyway.

But mr bmw was straddling the white lines as if to try and under take me "which was kind off pissing me off as it was going on for a few miles" and he was hell bent on showing me he was there, some times he was that close that i could not see his headlights in the rear view mirror he was that close:blink: after a while the traffic was starting to clear, i thought sod it flicked the switch to 1.4 and turned the racelogic off.

The cars in front dispersed to the other lanes and i gunned it, pulled way infront of the bmw but my grin faded as the bmw put his blue lights on:( pulled into the middle lane getting ready for moving into the 1st then hard shoulder, he pulled alongside me in the 3rd lane and waved his finger at me, i put a apologetic hand up, he then pulled straight infront of me "causing me to stab the brakes" then veered right across all the lanes to take the offslip wtf, ok i was maybe a little silly to take the bait, but misuse of power big time

i went to wales to at the weekend to gaz, did you notice how much nicer the roads were than kent!

not where i went hun:( just as bad

They are only human, id do the same for a laugh in his shoes, probs just want to see if you was all show and no go;)

i think he had just finished his shift and wanted to get somewhere fast, i am not a slow driver, but do like to think i am safe, and do not like to be right up someones ass;) still showed him its not all show though, and i got an ear bashing of the bird too:blink:

I had exactly the same Gaz (except they didn't cut me up). Just gave a wink and smile and went on their way.

They do try and bait though with the tailgating and lane switching, anyone else would have (rightly) been done for dangerous driving with the same antics.

They are a nightmare in wales. Suprised they didnt try to give you a ticket. Well done for showing him though :cool:

I dont agree, I was doing 100 (Leptons :blink:) in south wales on a duel carrageway and a welsh motorbike copper i didnt see pulls up next to me and did the "Slow down sign" I did to 60 and he just drove off, Rememer there just people, some are twots some are not.

Id have tried to remember his reg the pop down the police station and asked a few carefull questions.

Trying to bait you when your driving perfectly fine while they are all over the road and driving dangerously is out of order.

Or you could have waited till someone pulled infront of you and exagerated the ammount of brakeing you had to do :p. Then whose the smartarse when he rams you up the ass. Sure you car might need a new rear bumper.... but Police 0 - 1 Gaz :p

on my way down the m4 saturday, was in the 3rd lane doing about 75ish, "now on a motorway with medium to heavy traffic i like to leave at least a 4 car space in front of me" which seemed to annoy mr bmw behind me as now and again someone in the middle lane would pull out in front of me, no big deal as i would not gain anything by being up the arse of the car in front anyway.

But mr bmw was straddling the white lines as if to try and under take me "which was kind off pissing me off as it was going on for a few miles" and he was hell bent on showing me he was there, some times he was that close that i could not see his headlights in the rear view mirror he was that close:blink: after a while the traffic was starting to clear, i thought sod it flicked the switch to 1.4 and turned the racelogic off.

The cars in front dispersed to the other lanes and i gunned it, pulled way infront of the bmw but my grin faded as the bmw put his blue lights on:( pulled into the middle lane getting ready for moving into the 1st then hard shoulder, he pulled alongside me in the 3rd lane and waved his finger at me, i put a apologetic hand up, he then pulled straight infront of me "causing me to stab the brakes" then veered right across all the lanes to take the offslip wtf, ok i was maybe a little silly to take the bait, but misuse of power big time

Good old policemen, showing yet again they have great senses of humour.

Anyone would have taken that kind of bait, I know I would have.

Guest mattsupra

i know a few officers and there ok tbh but you do get the odd one who is a living rule book and will do you for the stupidest (dont even know if thats a word lol) things and take great delight in doing so

just be pleased he was a good officer and not a gentelman ;)

I had this went i first passed my test, i was very naive in what i did. A guy in white volvo estate doing 65mph in the fast lane and i was in a rush to get home from college and i got right up his chuff and then decided to try and undertake him! :blink: :rolleyes: and then he put his blue's and two's on!

He gave me a right b*llocking and i had to convince the copper not to give me 6 points! Needless to say, i NEVER did anything like that again after he let me off and "touch wood" i havnt as yet got any points 4 years on and im always on the lookout for unmarked cop cars! :) ;)

Just jam your brakes on.....that always gets people off your tailgate!

...and if you're seen doing it by a copper, brake testing could definately be considering DWDCA or DD... people who tailgate are idiots, people who brake test are even bigger idiots for attempting to cause an accident...

All IMHO of course :innocent:

...and into your rear seats and then you go to court for DD.

can they actually do you for DD if you slam on the brakes? I reckon the judge would be hard pushed to convict you without sufficient video evidence,

Tailgaters are a bunch of t*ssers,

In this instance he was being tailed by a copper. If said copper testified in court that with a clear road ahead the car in front wilfully braked hard to try to cause a crash or to frighten the car behind, I reckon there'd be trouble for the defendant.

Brake testing a tailgater is the action of an imbecile, and yes, I've done it myself too. Far more fun to just slow down gradually and see if you can come to a stop before the tailgater (who is so intent on sticking to you) realises what's happened. Usually they are so close, they have to reverse to get around. Let them have their inevitable shunt somewhere else.

(Non-motorway and DC roads of course, always ensure the tailgater can over take safely, your home may be at risk if you do not make repayments)