The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Make the most of Jspec calipers.

marcAB10

Ok, this is the first proper DIY thing i've done to my supra so i'm really pleased with the results.

Anybody thinking about painting their calipers i would highly recommend it as it was a lot easier than i first anticipated and IMO it really adds that finishing touch.

I went for a red to coordinate with my retrim and got the caliper decals off the bay for £7.50ish (cheaper than usual as i didn't want the line under it) and i used a caliper paint 'kit' from SAVAGE for £19.99 ('kit' included paint, alcohol cleaner, brush and intructions) a couple of hours and that was that. :D

My phone camera allways makes colours come out lighter so i can assure you its a very nice deep red. Also i had no time to clean the car so its a bit filthy :D Man i need to invest in a good camera..

and before anyone comments the back was still on the jack, the car usually sits a lot lower.

Guest Deano H

Just done mine in gloss black and got decals off ebay for like £12. haven't fitted yet as on spare calipers but looks great and well worth doing as tidys car up.

Cheers guys, such a easy mod that can make such a difference, wish I had done it sooner :)

Good job dude! looks intense! how hard was it painting it? i.e masking off the stuff.? and how much cleaning of the callipers did u do? ive heard people have used wire brust on a drill to clean them down.. did u go that far?

That looks nice Marc, ties in nicely with the red retrim. Think I'll have to get my arse in gear and get mine done too. Red might look a bit dodge against my green car so I'm thinking a nice gloss black. One for after exams and knockhill me thinks.

Got the HID kit fitted at the weekend and must say it looks ace. The Knight racer kit was an easy fit. Only prob is now my orange fogs look out of place.