The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What the hell has happened to customer service in this country ?

QSC

Yet again, I am furious at another garage treating me like crap - had the car in to Miami for problem diagnosing & Andy recommended I get a Powerflow 2 1/2 " cat-back system fitted for easier engine bnreathing / turbo operation etc - fair enough.

Local agent is Alpha in Leeds, go along, tell him what I want - £440 he says. Car gets done, get it home and guess what - they've only used 2" pipe. Three times I said two & a half inch & he agreed to it. Why on God's Earth would I want to pay £440 for an increase in pipe diameter of only a quarter of an inch ?

Last year I got totally ripped off on a respray that needs re-doing at a cost of at least £1500, and now this as well.

Un-friggin-believable !!!

You were robbed too. £350 for a powerflow exhaust up here. 3" pipe is a little more but certainly not almost £100 more.

Powerflow are just the exhaust ends anyway, the custom exhaust is all about the guy doing the pipework.. not the brand.

If your car is a J-spec TT, then 2.5inch would have been fine, if you buy a 3inch exhaust then put in a 2.5inch restrictor ring to prevent overboosting what is the point of a 3inch exhaust?

2.5inch should have been fine if you are looking to stay bpu, but as mentioned, for the price you paid you could have got a 3inch system off the shelf

I agree the Customer Service is sh*t in this country

i have seen the quality of power flow "craftsmanship" and it was laughable, instead of bends they chopped the pipes at angles and the welding burned right through into the pipe interior narrowing it even further, i know that its going to be different from garage to garage but i would not touch them with a barge pole

i have seen the quality of power flow "craftsmanship" and it was laughable, instead of bends they chopped the pipes at angles and the welding burned right through into the pipe interior narrowing it even further, i know that its going to be different from garage to garage but i would not touch them with a barge pole

I don't think thats really fair. The powerflow name is just a franchise. It all depends on how good the guy working on your car is with pipework, not the name. Powerflow is just a license to use the name and they are tied into using the tail ends. The powerflow starts at the end of the custom pipework and ends at the tip of the exhaust.

Around 12" is actually "poweflow" the rest is down to the fabricator.

The bit i'm most curious about is why the powerflow exhaust was recommended and not a tried, tested and proven to work very well, off the shelf exhaust, I assume there's a reason but would like Andy to comment on it.

Powerflow was recommended because it's a custom twin outlet system, hence the higher price also.