The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance

pulse

Right.

Who can recommend me some good insurance companies for a Supra?

Some of you may remember me saying I was paying 500 quid a month for insurance because Tesco have f*cked it up time and time again since I bought the car in July. They never cancelled my mk3 insurance policy which my NCB was attached to, so I was paying 380 quid a month for the mk4 and 120 a month for the mk3.

I've sent them all documentation required to fix this, 6 weeks ago, and was told at that time that I would have nothing further to pay for the rest of the year (in fact I'd paid 17 months worth of insurance).

Today I receive a letter, first I've heard from them since, stating that because I've not paid my policy, I've lost the ability to pay monthly and I now owe them 2,179 pounds by TOMORROW or they're cancelling my policy.

MY F*CKING POLICY ONLY COSTS 1200 QUID A YEAR!!! I HAVE PAID OVER 2000 POUNDS FOR IT ALREADY!

I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK OF THESE COWBOYS.

Can anybody PLEASE recommend a good insurance company. I'm male, 24, 6 years NCB but have a foreign (uk exchangable) license.

Thanks

-p

*sigh*

Alright, Just got done with an hour long battle with Tesco..

Now, it appears instead of me having to pay 2179 pounds by tomorrow lunchtime or they'll cancel my policy, my monthly payments have dropped to a more respectable 22 quid.

This is after they've refunded me everything I've overpaid and fixed my NCB up.

Fairly good result, I'm quite happy with that. 22 quid a month is much nicer than 500 :) I'll just have to 'wait and see' what paperwork comes through the door and vomits itself onto my doormat..

-p

Why don't we all stick Yaris badges on the back and do the

"It said that when I bought it, so..........." routine ? ? ?

I'm PRETTY sure a Yaris is a couple of groups lower :p

(even if they DO cost nearly as much new ! ! !:music: )

I'm just about to start pricing/looking ready for mid-Jan'......

so, it's all becoming increasingly 'interesting' now.......

(funny enough, even for an OLD MAN of 40+..ISH the premiums

don't drop down like they used to ????? almost like they think my

YEARS and YEARS (and YEARS!) of experience DON'T mean

I'm a really good driver......................................:eek: :D )

GrandFatS

Originally posted by Chase

You're only paying £22/month (£264 per year !!!):eek:

That's only after I've paid 450 a month for the past 4-5 months due to their constant and chronic mistakes. I just don't owe them much anymore. (this is why I'm waiting for the paperwork, I'm pretty sure I paid ~15 months worth of insurance in 4-5 months, so I don't actually think I owe them even 22 quid a month - I'm pretty sure they owe me- my policy is 1200 quid a year, +600 more for my wheels).

We'll see.

-p

I have to say that Tesco have been superb with me so far, however we'll see what happens when I ring up to ask them to re-instate my cover (currently on hold) Actually they do keep sending me "please send us proof of anti theft" letters, which annoys me as the cars not even insured at the mo...

Originally posted by Supragal

I have to say that Tesco have been superb with me so far, however we'll see what happens when I ring up to ask them to re-instate my cover (currently on hold) Actually they do keep sending me "please send us proof of anti theft" letters, which annoys me as the cars not even insured at the mo...

Don't worry, all of this stuff only ever happens to me.

Reminds me, it's December now. Time to take up another round of Me vs. BT for the now 22 month old (random 300-2500 pounds I supposedly owe them for a service I never asked for, and was never installed - ISDN) battle.

I'm sure I've got another debt collector notice by now.

-p