The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How is this engine still going? :)

cheekymonkey

Today I picked up a "bargain" from a nice chap in Kent, who knew very little about what he had. As some of you may know it's a 1994 TT Auto, with a Motec M800 ECU.

I've managed to figure out from the Dyno sheets that she's running a shade under 1.3 bar... and here's the fun part:

- 1st cat still in place

- NO boost gauge

- NO AFR / EGT gauge

- Standard (AFAIK) fuel pump

- Probably standard j-spec turbos, but who knows?

- Run on BP ultimate not V-power for last 10k miles or so :(

Since this work was done in 2003 she's covered about 30k miles with no problems - but has been serviced religiously and I have all the paperwork to prove it.

That said, she does drive really well, I get a small amount of black smoke on startup, but not while boosting.

Got to start showing this car some love because she deserves it.

Whats wrong with the ultimate? Nothing as far as I'm concerned. Still, you got a bargain there by the looks of it.

I wouldn't worry too much TBH, just make sure the car gets good treatment from here on in. The turbos might not last a million miles but then again, do they ever?! :D

Just keep it in the same state of tune. The second you start changing or uprating parts is the second your bill goes sky high. I hope you listen to the voice of experience :)

Just keep it in the same state of tune. The second you start changing or uprating parts is the second your bill goes sky high. I hope you listen to the voice of experience :)

I have my own little voice of experience now... and he's saying rather loudly that 1.3 bar with the 1st cat still in place and no instrumentation is BAAAAD :D

Guest mattsupra
I have my own little voice of experience now... and he's saying rather loudly that 1.3 bar with the 1st cat still in place and no instrumentation is BAAAAD :D

if it aint broke, dont fix it

thats my motto and im sticking to it lol

but yer you got a bargin there

i was wanting it but it had gone so i guess you bought it lol

anyways have fun with your new supra ;)

matt

if it aint broke, dont fix it

thats my motto and im sticking to it lol

but yer you got a bargin there

i was wanting it but it had gone so i guess you bought it lol

anyways have fun with your new supra ;)

matt

Sorry mate :)

I will have fun. Got to try and get used to that Auto box now. I wonder what the red button does? :eyebrows::taped:

If I were you I'd open the Motec box and see if there is anything actually inside it

Why?

Your egt's will be through the roof with 1.3bar and first cat still in place, I'd take the motec out and sell it, unless your going single, post up pics:)

Why?

Your egt's will be through the roof with 1.3bar and first cat still in place, I'd take the motec out and sell it, unless your going single, post up pics:)

Yeah my thoughts exactly. I need to remove the motec, revert the sequential system back to stock and tidy her up.

Motec will either be sold on or saved for my car when I go big single one day :)