The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi, interested in supras

Guest Sooks

Guest Sooks

Hi all, interested in Supras but am young to be owning one i think at 20 going 21, what sort of age would you i'd be able to get insured on a supra and with who? Any help would be appreciated. Dave

hey mate i had a non turbo at 20, now have a turbo at 21, http://www.bell.co.uk were the best and one of the only ones to get insurance with! tips tho, add a parent as a second driver, knocked nearly £1k off the insurance price, then compare 3rd fire and theft with fully comp but with £500 excess, the prices is almost the same but worth going fully comp! hope it helps!

Hello mate. Welcome. Quite a few young :D owners here friend. Insurance ranges from 800 to 110o depending on circumstances.

See Sky Insurance, Adrian Flux, Greenlight, to keep you going.

Then do "Search" insurance and keep a few hours free for the results mate. :D

Guest Sooks

Thanks for the info people, also just wondering how many years no claims you had when you got this insurance. Dave

sky done nothing for me so i wouldnt bother! put the price up for putting a parent on yet bell knocked off 1k so i left sky! i told them i had a member ship here and they said its noted, i asked if they wanted proof and they said they dont need it! in theory any one could say it!

i have 3 years no claims and 3 points! was paying 2500 3rd fire and theft, put my mum on and its now 1500 fully comp with bell!

Guest Sooks

This is where i get stuck...i have no years no claims as a result of being on a business fleet policy, i've not claimed and no one has claimed on my dad's business fleet in that time, so i was wondering if it'd be worth writing a letter from my dad's broker? so my other option would be to insure my own name so when i'm 21 i could buy a supra, what do you reckon?

This is where i get stuck...i have no years no claims as a result of being on a business fleet policy, i've not claimed and no one has claimed on my dad's business fleet in that time, so i was wondering if it'd be worth writing a letter from my dad's broker? so my other option would be to insure my own name so when i'm 21 i could buy a supra, what do you reckon?

Can't hurt mate. Do all you can. Seriously flawed that fleet thing.

Guest Sooks
Can't hurt mate. Do all you can. Seriously flawed that fleet thing.

What do mean flawed? i reckon i'd be willing to pay 2k-2.5k for insurance as i'm living at home so no bills to pay currently :whistle:

Guest Sooks

Yeah sorry, i'm 20 years old, been on business fleet for 3 years, no claim has been made in that time so an option could be a letter to an insurance company and i have 3 points