The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Back on the road after Marham

johnd-mkiv

After a few problems at Raf marham track day Ive just got the car back on the road. Welded the turbo housing after the V band flange broke around the weld.

Fitted a new RPS carbon carbon clutch, what a mission the clutch is to change spent all of yesterday doing it on my drive, went round the back to get my torque wrench from the garage and some pikey scum bag nearlly had my gearbox away:blink: luck has it my mum come out to tell him to piss off.

After test driving it really pleased with the new clutch its very smooth and the pedal is not far from stock.

Well done mate. How long did it take to change the clutch? how hard/easy was it on your drive to do?

I had the gearbox out in an hour but it took me 5 hours to get it back in :) after assembling the clutch I could not get the gearbox back on as there was not enough clearance even though I had the subframe dropped and the engine tilted back, in the end I had strip the clutch and assemble it in the gearbox through the windows in the side. Would have done it a lot quicker with another pair of hands to help but being as the weather was good I desided to do it yesterday.