The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remove drivers side elec windows panel

fri3ndly

Its being a real pita at the moment and I cant seem to get the panerl out.

I have taken two screws out of the door handle and unclipped the top of the electric wondows panel, but the rest of it just wont budge.

Have I missed anything?

If so, from the reverse side of the door card just unscrew every screw you can find, pretty sure you have to detatch the whole armrest thing from the door card, before you can detatch the elec panel from that.

That's how I did it anyway when I was spraying mine.

Heckler has a quality link on his Blue LED page which details the steps needed to get this item out, I'll dig it out for you, alernatively find one of his posts & click the links at the bottom.

Try this http://www.internetwork.org.uk/Dash%20Conversion/doorrem.htm

I followed this link to replace my door card, hadn't done it before and it only took me 20 minutes off and back on. It's not a difficult job to remove the door card and then it's easy to take other panel off:D

Print it off and take it with you to the car, it easier than trying to remember;)

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

So to spray that part I need to get the whole door card out? Is there not away that doesnt involve that? Sounds scary!

It was the easiest way I found, the problem as I recall is to remove the elec panel, you have to get at two screws that are only accessible one the entire armrest is removed from the panel, to do that is def easiest with the door card off.