The mkiv Supra Owners Club

trd wide boy body kit

couv3z

after reading Banzai and seeing the envy supra, it really really makes me want to get the kit, now i know the parts are the best part of 3k (thats from memory) hope its cheaper now

but how much would it cost to get the kit fitted? something tells me it will cost the same:(

It's a sh*t load more than £3k for a TRD kit, and even that needs some serious bodyshop work to fit it. Budget at least £7k to get it done properly. Seriously.

Then you need new wheels, at £3k+ Plus a new geo setup, etc... The TRD (or any) widebody kit is an extremely expensive modification route to head down

It's a sh*t load more than £3k, and needs some serious bodyshop work to fit it. Budget at least £7k to get it done properly. Seriously.

Then you need new wheels, at £3k+ Plus a new geo setup, etc... The TRD (or any) widebody kit is an extremely expensive modification to head down

thought the envy repilca one was 3k+vat?

anyway thats more money than i have or would want to throw at body work, cheers for the info

but its such a beauitful kit:(

thought the envy repilca one was 3k+vat?

anyway thats more money than i have or would want to throw at body work, cheers for the info

but its such a beauitful kit:(

So we're talking knock offs now...? I've yet to see a good one. Even the genuine TRD kit is a nightmare as Envy will know ;)

TBH, I don't think the results are worth the outlay. You could get a very decent single setup for the same money, or even buy a TT supra or two.

Much cheaper to sell your car and get jurgen to be on the lookout for one, he had a cheap one a little while ago.

EDIT... this one, cant remember the price now but im ure it was under 10k

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=115023&highlight=trd

yep sold for about 12500k in black albeit over 100km but the kit was genuine and works rims but we done few extras for it leather and intercooler etc etc

yep sold for about 12500k in black albeit over 100km but the kit was genuine and works rims but we done few extras for it leather and intercooler etc etc

Ahh i was a bit out there then or was that the price you offered it to me for? cant remember now.

Guest mattsupra

wow i didnt realise they were that much and tbh i wouldnt pay any body shop that much to fit a kit

like whats already been said " get a tt or two" lol

So we're talking knock offs now...? I've yet to see a good one. Even the genuine TRD kit is a nightmare as Envy will know ;)

TBH, I don't think the results are worth the outlay. You could get a very decent single setup for the same money, or even buy a TT supra or two.

Thought the Envy WBK was a copy ? just used the original molds that the Genuine kit was moulded from ?

A copy imo is fine as long as its still been made properly, ive seen a few genuine kits of differant makes and tbh there much poorer quality than my trd copy kit.

• 5 months later...
Thought the Envy WBK was a copy ? just used the original molds that the Genuine kit was moulded from ?

A copy imo is fine as long as its still been made properly, ive seen a few genuine kits of differant makes and tbh there much poorer quality than my trd copy kit.

Envy's is a copy Dunk, exactly same as yours and mine, they imported theirs at same time as i got mine. All 3 are copies (aledgedly) taken from the original molds when TRD were finished with them, i dont know how much truth there is in that though.

Anyone (stupid/rich enough) to want to source a TRD kit should speak to Envy, to source though, not to fit.

I wouldnt reccomend Envy to fit, i had a LOT of problems with the guy they sub contracted the fitting work out to, ended up having to go elsewhere about 4,000 pounds later.